Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Thanks.

They are the stock gm rims for the Redline edition, black gloss with the red hashmarks. I love the color scheme.

The lights fit in the housing easy, just like the stock halogens, just line up the slots and twist to lock in place. Then you push in the wiring and balast into the housing and place the dust cover back on.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Is this topic specific to the premier models?

My understanding was that LEDs have issues with the auto off feature? If this model does not have any issues, I'll probably look into getting them.
These LED headlights does not have issues with both auto Headlights and Auto High beam (Premier).

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T/6-speed 6T40
3,536 Posts
I think @MalibuMan! might be referring to whether the LED lights work happily with Auto Stop (e.g flickering, early failure) not so much auto headlights and auto high beam.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I think @MalibuMan! might be referring to whether the LED lights work happily with Auto Stop (e.g flickering, early failure) not so much auto headlights and auto high beam.
Oh I see. I'm positive that it needs anti flicker harness hooked up with auto stop. They also fit inside the dust cover.

·
Registered
19 Posts
17” Malibu 1.5 here. Looking to pull the trigger on the SV4 for a stock replacement. What exact bulb size would I need and Im assuming get the anti flicker harness if I have auto stop? I read above , just want to make 100% sure before I drop 200$ lol Thank you all!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
17” Malibu 1.5 here. Looking to pull the trigger on the SV4 for a stock replacement. What exact bulb size would I need and Im assuming get the anti flicker harness if I have auto stop? I read above , just want to make 100% sure before I drop 200$ lol Thank you all!
9005 for 2017 Malibu. You also need an anti flicker harness.

·
Registered
21 Posts
So as a heads up, I couldnt find ANY specifications for the bulb info for both the low and high beams in the owners manual.
So I took two pictures of the bulbs in my head light.
AN FYI for those with a 2019 Chevrolet 1LT Malibu.
The Sylvania brand is the High beams and the OSRAM are the low beams.
You're welcome, as I've looked EVERYWHERE for this information and could not find it at all.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
19,931 Posts
If you were to go to this link at Rock Auto dot com you'd find them listed the same as what you've discovered.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thank you! Have a great day man

Edit: Where can I find the exact anti flicker harness for the bulbs? Cant find them myself. Again thank you!
Assuming all I need is this 1 item then? Cant find the anti flicker harness anywhere on the site.. again thank you guys for the help!
V.4 LED Headlights, 9005 / 9145 Bulbs

9005 for 2017 Malibu. You also need an anti flicker harness.

Can you post the link for the anti flicker harness? Literally cant find it anywhere . Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Assuming all I need is this 1 item then? Cant find the anti flicker harness anywhere on the site.. again thank you guys for the help!
V.4 LED Headlights, 9005 / 9145 Bulbs

Can you post the link for the anti flicker harness? Literally cant find it anywhere . Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I get a lot questions about about LED headlights. I decided to post my all of my research and save you so much time when purchasing LED headlight bulbs. As of 2020, the best bulb for Gen 9 Chevy Malibu is SV4 LED bulb. These bulbs provide focused beam pattern that reaches much further down the road. This is the only bulb that provides a beam pattern that matches HIDs.
I have had these for more than a year now. There was no overheating or flickering . Everything fits inside the headlight assembly. You do not need to make holes on you headlight dust cover.

View attachment 68108 View attachment 68110 View attachment 68112
View attachment 68111 View attachment 68113
Will these work in the 2018 LT standard model plug and play

21 - 40 of 64 Posts