Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I get a lot questions about about LED headlights. I decided to post my all of my research and save you so much time when purchasing LED headlight bulbs. As of 2020, the best bulb for Gen 9 Chevy Malibu is SV4 LED bulb. These bulbs provide focused beam pattern that reaches much further down the road. This is the only bulb that provides a beam pattern that matches HIDs.
I have had these for more than a year now. There was no overheating or flickering . Everything fits inside the headlight assembly. You do not need to make holes on you headlight dust cover.

View attachment 68108 View attachment 68110 View attachment 68112
View attachment 68111 View attachment 68113
Did you have any lights come on the dash from a voltage difference, resistor, or battery die?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Question: on a 2019-2022 Malibu do the low beams remain on while the high beams are activated? Also, for a 2016-2018 Malibu is the high/low beam function controlled via a voltage change for the single 9005 bulb? Thanks, Pat

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T/6-speed 6T40
3,536 Posts
No idea on the 2019 lows/highs but I can check.

In 2016-18 there is a solenoid-controlled actuator that controls a shutter. Shutter down on low beam usage, up for full highs.

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
Question: on a 2019-2022 Malibu do the low beams remain on while the high beams are activated? Also, for a 2016-2018 Malibu is the high/low beam function controlled via a voltage change for the single 9005 bulb? Thanks, Pat
9005 is a single filament bulb that is usually used in a high beam position. Usually, lows stay on with the highs, turn them on and look at them.
9003 is a dual filament bulb used for both high/low in one bulb. There is no voltage change for high / low. There is for older cars daytime running lights though to dim them slightly for daytime running light usage.
Factory HID have an internal ''shutter'' to change beam high and low.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts