Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 269 Posts

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Things I Didn't Know

I know this will sound weird.

We have two months of ownership, but last night was the first time our Malibu was out in the dark. I noticed two things. First, I noticed the interior door pulls are illuminated. I thought that was pretty cool. Second, on the interior roof there is the Home Link Panel. Did you know there are two LEDs (I think??) that shine downward to light up the console? I didn't! :cool:

Have any of you guys noticed anything cool or unusual about our Bu's?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Re: Thinks I Didn't Know

I really like those blue dots for the door handle and garage opener.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Re: Thinks I Didn't Know

It was awhile before I remembered the center armrest would move forward and back.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Re: Things I Didn't Know

I've had my Malibu since December 31st...I didn't know about the armrest. How do you move it?

·
Registered
244 Posts

Center armrest - how do you move it forward and back again - time to look at the manual again...

I really like the blue illumination - gives the car some cool interior styling - I'm still having fun playing with the heated seats - never had that in my ride before...

The sunshade in my Bu' is also a nice touch for those ultra sunny days!!

·
Registered
795 Posts

I've had my Malibu since December 31st...I didn't know about the armrest. How do you move it?
Grab the front, and pull forward or push back. There is no catch to release.
It has a lot of friction so it will not slide by mistake.

·
Registered
244 Posts

Achhhaaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
112 Posts

Verizon and OnStar have partnered and offered a plan that allows one to share minutes between your Verizon phone and your OnStar phone.

·
Registered
244 Posts

Any idea on pricing, etc?

·
Registered
795 Posts

Verizon and OnStar have partnered and offered a plan that allows one to share minutes between your Verizon phone and your OnStar phone.
Last week my wife's 74 year old Aunt was explaining to me that her cell phone minutes were combined with the Onstar on her Pontiac. She had Verizon. I have US Cellular, so I doubt this feature is available to me.

·
Registered
795 Posts

On the LTZ, the heated outside mirrors turn on when you use the rear defrost.
I don't think I would have figured that out without reading the manual.

·
Registered
326 Posts

On the LTZ, the heated outside mirrors turn on when you use the rear defrost.
I don't think I would have figured that out without reading the manual.
That's how my Avalanche works. Unfortunately I don't have that feature on the Grand Prix. :(

·
Registered
795 Posts

That's how my Avalanche works. Unfortunately I don't have that feature on the Grand Prix. :(
My S-10 pickup had a seperate switch. My pickup did not have rear defrost.

·
Registered
24 Posts

For the scroll controls on the right side of the steering wheel, I knew if you tapped them the radio would scroll between your preset stations. I didn't know that if you press and hold the buttons for a second or two, they act as a "seek" button.

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

For the scroll controls on the right side of the steering wheel, I knew if you tapped them the radio would scroll between your preset stations. I didn't know that if you press and hold the buttons for a second or two, they act as a "seek" button.
Good to know, jasbre. I'll try it this weekend.

·
Registered
244 Posts

Xm radio glitch - anyone know about a firmware or update for the XM radio - only shows partial song titles, etc..

1 - 20 of 269 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.