Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couldn't find a way to disable the horn when I lock the doors with my remote lock.

Does anyone know of a way to do this?

I hate the horn beeping everytime I lock my car.

I could disable it in my other car but I can't find out how to do it in this one.

·
Registered
512 Posts
There should be an option in the DIC about it. Not sure how to access the option on the NBS Malibu, but your manual should tell you how.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've gone into the DIC setup. I don't know If I made it clear but I meant no horn ever, even when I lock my car twice (the back doors locked as well).

I'll check it out again though. Thanks!

·
Registered
781 Posts
I've gone into the DIC setup. I don't know If I made it clear but I meant no horn ever, even when I lock my car twice (the back doors locked as well).

I'll check it out again though. Thanks!
I'm not sure what you mean by locking your car twice. You only need to press the button on your fob one time to lock all doors. If you press the button two times the horn will chirp, but there is no reason to press it twice.
Page 3-55 shows the default setting is the horn will not chirp when you press the fob one time.
For me I just press the power lock button on the door when getting out since my hand is next to the lock.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not sure what you mean by locking your car twice. You only need to press the button on your fob one time to lock all doors. If you press the button two times the horn will chirp, but there is no reason to press it twice.
Page 3-55 shows the default setting is the horn will not chirp when you press the fob one time.
For me I just press the power lock button on the door when getting out since my hand is next to the lock.

That's true, I do the locks on the door when I get out often also but sometimes I have visitors in the vehicle so I am not the last to get out.

I did not read that in the manual.

I guess I'm used to my old car where I had to press the lock button twice on the remote to lock the backdoors.

I thought it would be the same for the malibu, one hit of the lock button would be the front 2 seats and a second hit would be the back 2.

Thanks for the information.

But I would still like the horn disabled but I am thinking it is impossible.

·
Registered
781 Posts
That's true, I do the locks on the door when I get out often also but sometimes I have visitors in the vehicle so I am not the last to get out.
More car lock info :)

There is a delay feature. When you press the lock button on your door you will hear a soft chime. Four to five seconds after the last door is shut all the doors will lock.

I know what you mean about the horn though. Some cars have loud horns when they are locked or unlocked and I find it irritating at times.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
More car lock info :)

There is a delay feature. When you press the lock button on your door you will hear a soft chime. Four to five seconds after the last door is shut all the doors will lock.

I know what you mean about the horn though. Some cars have loud horns when they are locked or unlocked and I find it irritating at times.

yep

ill just let the horn be i guess lol, it's not a huge issue but i'd rather be able to hit the door locks 5 times without a horn.

·
Registered
781 Posts
yep

ill just let the horn be i guess lol, it's not a huge issue but i'd rather be able to hit the door locks 5 times without a horn.
The car is trying to tell you, enough already, I locked the doors, now quit pressing the remote :D

·
Registered
736 Posts
You can't turn it off completely. Pressing it once locks all doors and activates the 30 second delay for the car's alarm. Pressing it twice activates the alarm immediately and that's what the chirp is telling you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
When u press the button twice the car thinks your asking it for confirmation that its locked. Its actually a nice feature if your walking away from the car and wanted to make sure the remote reached your car and locked the doors, that's all it is. So if you don't want the horn to honk just hit it once and it shouldn't. Just one press on the remote with all the doors closed will lock them a second press is just like you asking the car "Are the doors locked?" the horn is just the car telling you "Yep, I'm locked"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.