Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what kind of sound system is in the Malibu?

I have the premium one and I'm looking at the websites (again) but can't seem to find the name of it.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Does anyone know what kind of sound system is in the Malibu?

I have the premium one and I'm looking at the websites (again) but can't seem to find the name of it.
It doesn't have a specific name or "brand". It's just upgraded components in general, of the OEM spec'd components. They used to be Delco and some newer ones switched to Denso, so I'm not sure.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
pretty sure they are pioneer which are usualy upper mid grade speakers
Not in the Malibu to the best of my knowledge. The only thing with Pioneer anything are Cobalts and HHRs with upgraded audio, specifically calling Pioneer out.

I think there's been a few Aura people on a Saturn board that have dabbled in their audio, and nothing as such has shown up there, especially in regards to a brand name of anything. Unless such components really are Pioneer (or whatever other brand) and just not called out as such, but I still doubt it.

·
Registered
795 Posts
The only thing with Pioneer anything are Cobalts and HHRs with upgraded audio, specifically calling Pioneer out.
Add Equinox to that list. My 08 Equinox Sport has Pioneer.

·
Registered
421 Posts
As mentioned above, the bu doesn't have any aftermarket brand name associated with the stereo components. I'm fairly sure that Denso makes the headunit too, or at least *not* Delco any more. It might've been nice to at least see Bose speakers / amp(s), like the uplevel trucks and SUVs get. But the sound isn't too bad, at least to my (maybe) less critical ear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.