Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK...

Talked to my dealer today, and there seems to be some confusion....Before I relay my whole issue I was hoping to get some answers to a question.

Question:

For those with a 2009 ONLY (Sorry :( 08's it's an 09 question).

1) Do you have the Tire Pressure Monitor System in your Malibu?
Yes or No

2) If Yes, what trim level do you own?
LS, 1LT, 2LT, LTZ, Hybrid

3) If No, what trim level do you own?
LS, 1LT, 2LT, LTZ, Hybrid

If I can get some help on the answers to the above questions it would really help me out.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
749 Posts
I do not have a 2009.. but I WILL post so my count goes up so I can be closer to a senior member.. LOL. Good luck with life!

·
Registered
569 Posts
1) Do you have the Tire Pressure Monitor System in your Malibu?
Yes

2) If Yes, what trim level do you own?
LTZ,

·
Registered
54 Posts
I dont know if you really want to hear from me or not since my 09 is still being built.
1. Tire pressure monitor? Yes (cost me $65)
2. Trim Level? LTZ

Mother in-law's also being built at the same time:
1. Tire pressure monitor? Yes (also cost her $65):)
2. Trim Level? 2LT

·
Registered
11 Posts
For model year 2009, all canadian Malibu lost the tpms. It is in Canada a $65 option. I heard that it will come back in 2010 as the laws may change in Canada.

BTW, it may actually be better not to have if you put winter tires with different rims. That is why I did not want them on the 2009 I am looking at.

George

·
Registered
795 Posts
Looking at the US website for 09 they still show TPM as standard on all trim levels.
I'm surprised they changed it to a option in Canada.

·
Registered
749 Posts
They totally ****** up the 2009 model that's why I was lucky enough to find a 2008 still! They removed the side-repeater lamps.. removed the power adjustable pedals, now the tpms.. and they somehow managed to raise the prices! The only addition I could find that was useful was the OnStar bluetooth. Can someone else please agree with me so I don't look like a lunatic? LOL

·
Registered
14 Posts
I agree with you PEPSI totally!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just got my 09 last week. Bought it from the dealers inventory. Was told it was fully loaded. Love the car, however when I got it home I could not find the power pedal controls. Phoned the dealer and was told they had been dropped from the 09's due to problems with them. Now I come across this website and discover that TPM has been dropped from Canadian Malibu's -this was another option I assumed I had since the 08 brochure the dealer gave me (no 09 brochure out yet) stated that it is included. When I bought the car the dealer stated the only difference between 08 and 09 was the upgrade to the 6 speed automatic for the 4 cylinder, which is what I was interested in. As I said, I really am enjoying the car, but I'm getting a little tired of losing options I thought I had.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Now I come across this website and discover that TPM has been dropped from Canadian Malibu's .
Sounds like the TPM is still available in Canada, but it is a option now.
Did you check your DIC or window sticker to see if you have it?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks Lee - I just went out and checked the window sticker and TPM is not listed. This really isn't an option I care about, we saw the car on the lot and I was interested in the 6 speed, my wife wanted to trade her Torant and get a sedan with a sunroof, and XM which this car has. So after we drove it, it was pretty much a done deal. When I got home and waited for delivery I checked out both the Canadian and US GM websites which are still only showing the 08's models and both sites showed power pedals and tpm as feature that come with the 2LT package, so I thought great some more stuff to play with when I get the car. I guess I should have got a more definate statement from the dealer about the differences between 08 and 09, but in the end it was the transmission that I was interested in.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yep, have the 2LT and it has the TPMS. Glad I dont have the adjustable pedals, not if GM is having troubles with them. I'm 6' 4" and my wife is 5' 3" and we don't seem to need them......................

·
Registered
749 Posts
I need TPMS! I was driving my father's Cadillac STS while I was at one of our vacation houses and on my way back from starbucks, I drove over a bump that ended up slashing the tyre.. I had no idea I would've just kept going until god knows when! The only thing that told me was when I had two alerts telling me the two right tyres had 0 PSI.

·
Registered
472 Posts
So you have it unless you go to Canada to buy your car. It is required by law in the US. With all of the attendant problems that come with them. Wait until you want to put winter tires and wheels on the car or decide to rotate the tires yourself or have a small shop rotate them. The $350 TPMS tool will be a nice addition to your tool box.

Bill

·
Registered
18 Posts
1.Yes

2.1LT

And yes it's an 09.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.