Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 Malibu, the throttle pedal position sensor was changed about 6 months ago from recall now my car is doing the same thing. My car will not accelerate like it should. I'm wondering is the sensor under warranty. [email protected] Someone please help me. I don't think I should have to pay for a part that was replaced on recall in the first place.

·
Elite Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,301 Posts
This is a question for your dealer. The car will require diagnosis as there are multiple causes of problematic acceleration especially in the 2018. Most service parts have a warranty of their own but I don't know about this part or if the problem is even the same part.

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
Parts changed under a warranty are only covered as long as the original warranty that covered it. If under the 3/36 it's covered by the 3/36 .

·
Registered
123 Posts
I thought dealers offered a parts warranty separate from the factory warranty? Like a 12 or 24 month/unlimited miles warranty as long as the parts were installed by a GM dealership.

·
Elite Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,301 Posts
I thought dealers offered a parts warranty separate from the factory warranty? Like a 12 or 24 month/unlimited miles warranty as long as the parts were installed by a GM dealership.
They do for specific parts bought and installed by GM Certified Service. If replaced under a warranty it has the rest of the warranty or a certain extended period. See chart below.

Attachments

·
Elite Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,301 Posts
Not necessarily for warranty/recall parts?
The pedal position sensor isn't an actual NHTSA recall part. There is no recall of this part only a special coverage program for replacement upon (partial) failure. Being a warranty part, it would still have the remaining warranty or 12 months according the the GM document linked above. I'd find it very strange if this part would become the only part not subject to the usual service warranties by nature of being included in a program.

Setting that aside, the answer to the OP question is in post 2. This forum is not the place to start asking the question prior to even having it diagnosed - engine power is reduced (assuming that is what is happening) can have many causes especially in the 2018 model year. The dealer is the starting point.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts