Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm glad you finally moved to replacing the knuckles and it worked. The rear knuckle replacement is the final step in the bulletin I posted a few years ago. I can't see this become a RECALL even if you YELL AT US IN CAPS.
I wasnt yelling at you

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
19,430 Posts
A recall is when something is a serious risk to life, etc.

A TSB is how to fix just about everything else.

If anything, this would qualify to be a TSB, not a recall.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T/6-speed 6T40
3,221 Posts
Thank you for explaining it other then thinking I was taking anything out on anyone person
No problem. I also added some text to the discussion title to help people find the bulletin since this thread is quite long now and my post might seem buried. That bulletin isn't always the solution for the rear noises but, like your case, it is a frequent solution.

Reactions: jeffk

·
Super Moderator
3,221 Posts
This knuckle replacement should be covered under the 60,000 5 yr bumper to bumper warranty but the dealer says NO.
In most cases they are correct. Speaking for Malibu purchased new, in the USA the standard bumper to bumper is 36,000 / 3 years and powertrain is 60,000 / 5 years. Additional cost extended limited warranty or service contracts can extend but those aren't included.

·
Registered
4 Posts
In most cases they are correct. Speaking for Malibu purchased new, in the USA the standard bumper to bumper is 36,000 / 3 years and powertrain is 60,000 / 5 years. Additional cost extended limited warranty or service contracts can extend but those aren't included.
This 5 year 60,000 mile bumper to bumper drive train warranty is very deceptive and misleading. The rear end of this car with all it's moving parts should be part of this warranty. Without the rear end, this car, even tho front wheel drive would be a real problem.

·
Super Moderator
3,221 Posts
This 5 year 60,000 mile bumper to bumper drive train warranty
The 5 year 60,000 mile warranty isn't a bumper to bumper warranty. It covers specific parts directly related to the propulsion of the vehicle. It is very well defined with covered parts and exclusions in the limited warranty manual. There are arguments for certain excluded parts being included but knuckle isn't one.

If you want to share thoughts about GMs warranties in this section, we will need some vehicle info. Without the required info, posts may be removed. Required info can be found below:

·
Registered
4 Posts
The 5 year 60,000 mile warranty isn't a bumper to bumper warranty. It covers specific parts directly related to the propulsion of the vehicle. It is very well defined with covered parts and exclusions in the limited warranty manual. There are arguments for certain excluded parts being included but knuckle isn't one.

If you want to share thoughts about GMs warranties in this section, we will need some vehicle info. Without the required info, posts may be removed. Required info can be found below:

They certainly named this so called bumper to bumper warranty wrong. I asked the dealer what the 5 yr warranty covered and he said, like the bumper to bumper says, everything that moves or mechanical. Bought this car new 4 years ago. Should be a law!

·
Registered
4 Posts
They certainly named this so called bumper to bumper warranty wrong. I asked the dealer what the 5 yr warranty covered and he said, like the bumper to bumper says, everything that moves or mechanical. Bought this car new 4 years ago. Should be a law!
I have the 2017 Malibu Hybrid with the 1.8 engine. I have 38,000 mile s on it from buying new. and I drive like an old man, I'm 75 years old.

·
Super Moderator
3,221 Posts
You need to take a moment to read documentation. Your misunderstanding or ignorance doesn't make you right. A powertrain warranty is not a bumper to bumper warranty. A hybrid even has a special hybrid component warranty that is separate but longer. You need to take a moment and read the warranty documentation to familiarize yourself. I'll afford that time by closing this thread for a few days.

Reactions: Formula218
81 - 91 of 91 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.