Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting tint on the car this week and i was wondering what percentage would look good. I am thinking about 5% on the back and 20% on all the other windows.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
240 Posts
I had mine tinted and went with 20% on the back window and rear doors and the legal limit which is 30% in TX on the front doors. I'll get some pictures and post them tonight.

·
Registered
240 Posts
IMO they are pretty dark and the car looks real good. The guy that Tinted my windows talked me out of "lemo" tint on the back which I believe is 5%. He told me that at night it really does limit visibilty.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just went and got tints today. I got 20% on all back windows and 35% on all the front pass and front driver (illegal in NY).

It looks awesome a black car. Visibility is great during the day. We will see what happens at night.

I will pst pics asap

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm going to go this weekend and get it done too. Probably do 35% on the fronts and 20% on the rear windows. i'm just concerned that 20% might be too dark at night and a safety issue when it's raining or snowing and you're trying to change lanes.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm going to go this weekend and get it done too. Probably do 35% on the fronts and 20% on the rear windows. i'm just concerned that 20% might be too dark at night and a safety issue when it's raining or snowing and you're trying to change lanes.
To be honest with you, i think they look darker during the day lol. I just went out and looked at mine (9:20pm) at i could see in. I turned the dome light on and it was easy to see in. I have yet to drive at night with them.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
heres what they look like during the day

They look different depending on what angle you are at.

(sorry for the bad pics...they are from a camera phone)

·
Registered
28 Posts
that looks really cool. I'm even more hyped about getting my car tinted now. :D
hopefully it'll look like the picture of the Malibu up in the top left hand corner in the header.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks. I like them alot. My only problem is not rolling down the window for 4 days. Im addicted to rolling my windows down in the spring/summer.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I lucked out like a bandit...i guess the dealer decided to tint a few cars on the lot to spruce em up and I got one of them. It's not the greatest job but since it's dealer installed then I can get them to fix it free o' charge.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I should probably start a new thread but i dont want to. I photoshopped the car.

ORIG:

CHOP:

ADDED Chrome pillars and made the doors suicide. Its not the best but i just wanted to see what it looked like

·
Registered
100 Posts
LOL...that looks damn good and I wouldn't even know it was photoshopped. Now if you can chop the top down about 3 inches then I would give you ULTIMATE photoshop props.

·
Registered
28 Posts
i paid 200 canadian for mine , including taxes.
20% of the back and 35% on the front. had to use a dyed flim instead of a metallic one because of all the antenna's in the glass. looks really good tho, took about 2 hours and a bit.

got it done at audioheaven in the GTA.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.