Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I like everything about my LTZ except for the tail lights.
Has anyone had them tinted yet? Any pics?

Here is a quick Windows paint job.
I'd like to go with full black out like Kitt from Knight Rider (the original that is)

The thing I don't like about them is the pointy part on the outside of the tail ligths.
Eye brows might do the trick but then it might look a bit like the Jetta.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I have been considering it, not sure yet though. Probably not. Lol. Let me know if you do, or hopefully someone posts up.

·
Registered
574 Posts
That doesn't look too bad, it would probably look better in a real version though. Lol

·
Registered
569 Posts
Could always use VHT Nightshades Tint spray.. Most auto parts stores carry it and there is always vinyl

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know about the spray stuff but not that I don't trust IT, I just don't trust myself.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I know I have used NiteShades on all my previous vehicles, but, the Malibu doesn't seem like the car to tint the tails on.. At least not in my mind. Lol. I could easily be wrong though, in which case I would seriously consider it.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Come Christmas I'll be getting my own copy of Photoshop, at which I am a wonder (not to boast). If you guys can wait, I can do a near-perfect replica of different grade tints.

Personally, I think light tinting (50-40% visibility) would be a good touch, especially on the Dark Gray and Black color schemes. I am a big fan of slightly tinting headlights of dark-colored cars, and I may make a go with the head lights as well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Come Christmas I'll be getting my own copy of Photoshop, at which I am a wonder (not to boast). If you guys can wait, I can do a near-perfect replica of different grade tints.
Awesome, sign me up!

·
Registered
95 Posts

Photoshopped tint with clear left clear.

brows

Full tint

I'm bored figured I'd see what it'd look like.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
I had lightly tinted tails on my ex Cadillac Fleetwood. In reality, being done lightly, it was hard to tell much of anything unless next to another of the same car without, but still a nice look. A friend used Nightshades tint spray to make them, and then did a darker set that was really noticeable--but still clearly red taillights at the core--and looked great on his black one.

On a Malibu, hmm, possibly, at least on darker colored ones, I could see it...but just to a lighter shade so it isn't immediately obvious or odd looking.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.