Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello fellow malibuer's, i just wanted to see of anyone has done tinted taillights? looking to get my tail-lights done sometime soon.

Ross

·
Registered
201 Posts
To my best knowledge you just spray paint them, and eventually it'll be gone. So it's more like a temporary thing (but for a good amount of time). It looks good in my opinion.

·
Registered
701 Posts
To my best knowledge you just spray paint them, and eventually it'll be gone. So it's more like a temporary thing (but for a good amount of time). It looks good in my opinion.

Actually there is a special paint you buy to do this with, sorry can't remember the name (members on a GP club I belong to do it a lot).

It last quite a long time, and it is a dark colour....Only problem I have noticed is it really has a negative effective on the brightness of the tail lights, and from what some have said the police are not too keen on them either.

You should be able to pick up the kit at most auto parts stores....I think it is called night shades but not 100% sure.

Let us know if you decide to do it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im leaning towards a film type tint, dont want to spray anything on the lense as it might cause harm to the lense with the high heat here in texas.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
to add note, i have emailed several vendors from other sites i frequently visit. i will let you guys know if i get any word.

·
Registered
202 Posts
putting tine on the tail lights seems like a really bad idea.

Imagine you are in a heavy fog going slow and one of these big guys is moving up on you quickly...... The darkened light will reduce your visibility.

20ton truck hauling 18tons of gravel hitting a 3,500lb Malibu = bad, bad day

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
putting tine on the tail lights seems like a really bad idea.

Imagine you are in a heavy fog going slow and one of these big guys is moving up on you quickly...... The darkened light will reduce your visibility.

20ton truck hauling 18tons of gravel hitting a 3,500lb Malibu = bad, bad day
You actually can hardly tell theyre tinted at night. you can tell more when the reverse lights are on, but the red shines bright through the tint. i was at work and started my car and upon glancing at my car from the store, i briefly forgot that i got them tinted because it really doesnt make a huge difference

·
Registered
201 Posts
I actually got mine done today, as a matter of fact, and i was going to come post the pic... glad to see theres others with the same curiosity

It cost me $50 and it took about 2 hours.. i love the way it looks:

edit: forgot to take out my license plate number.. just in case ;-)

I like the look, you get 5% tint throughout the windows?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Scapegoat did you spray them or use the film? Looks nice.
the place i took them to sprayed them, took about 2 hours total

In The Shadows said:
I like the look, you get 5% tint throughout the windows?
haha no, i dont remember what % it is, but its not that dark. the angle just makes it look ridiculously dark

·
Registered
135 Posts
you can buy "night shades" or black candy paint

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.