Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Do you have any feed back on changing tire pressure affecting your cars' performance..i.e.. drive ability, gas mileage, braking, etc.... what tire pressure does your Bu like? State wheel size, tire size and tire make. Are you going back to OEM tires when it's time to replace or to a different tire brand?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I haven't played with different pressures myself. Since the sidewalls of the Goodyear LS2 are not very stiff, I'd probably try 32 and see how it feels.

-Ed

·
Registered
438 Posts
I am curious about this too. It's been tough trying to keep the pressure set lately because the outside temperatures have been fluctuating so much. Also, trying to balance the pressures to be equal, using the inside TPM alone is nearly impossible. I'm getting 31-33 psi with the tires warmed up now, but it's cold outside, and about 28 cold. I filled them when it was warmer out and had it be about 31psi cold and it was getting up to 34-35 when the tires were warm. I'd like to know what is ideal.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I am curious about this too. It's been tough trying to keep the pressure set lately because the outside temperatures have been fluctuating so much. Also, trying to balance the pressures to be equal, using the inside TPM alone is nearly impossible. I'm getting 31-33 psi with the tires warmed up now, but it's cold outside, and about 28 cold. I filled them when it was warmer out and had it be about 31psi cold and it was getting up to 34-35 when the tires were warm. I'd like to know what is ideal.

I get pretty much the numbers. Seems fine to me.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I set mine at 32 psi with a tire pressure gauge and leave it at that, the TPM varies 2-3 psi higher when the tires are warm,hot. ;)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, my 2LT with the 18in goodyear Ls2's, seems to ride better down the highway and most roads with 34-35psi though there is some trade off in ride comfort when hitting rough roads. Not nearly as much side to side and groove pull running the higher pressure. Mine also seemed to have more of that "shake and vibration" feel running the tires at the recommended 30psi, especially when the transmission would shift to a lower gear. I think that when it's time to replace the tires, i would research a replacement tire with a stiffer sidewall construction. Even still the Ls2's have run smooth and have worn very well at 10,000 miles now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.