Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2015 Malibu. After a few days I got a notification saying the front right tire needed air. I checked the tire and it had enough air. Then one of the other tires were kinda low, but no notification, so just because... I decided to put the air in it despite it saying it was okay. The map that shows the tire pressure numbers changed on a different tire. Come to find out the tires on the map, do not match where the tires actually are. For example, the map said the front right tire was low, but it ended up being the back right tire that was low. So when I filled it with more air, the map's pressure increased on the front tire instead of the back tire. It's probably a "duh" answer, but any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
1,051 Posts
you need to get your tire sensors (TPMS-Tire Pressure Monitoring System) re set...at some time perhaps the tires were shuffled or they were rotated and the sensors were not re set...it will be a simple fix

Bill

·
Registered
178 Posts
This should allow you to reset your own tire sensors on the car's map.

Needs a 9 volt battery (the version of this I bought does). You push both the lock and unlock buttons on the remote while it's IN the ignition in ON. The horn beeps. You go to left front and activate this device next to the valve stem until the horn beeps, then move to RF. Successively do the RR and then LR tires. When you do the left rear the horn beeps twice to tell you it successfully read all the sensors into their picture's positions while you held the button.

Check instructions on whether it says to hold next to rubber area close to valve stem or next to valve stem. I don't have my instructions anymore...

This works for my 2014 and 2015 Cruze.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I recently purchased a 2015 Malibu. After a few days I got a notification saying the front right tire needed air. I checked the tire and it had enough air. Then one of the other tires were kinda low, but no notification, so just because... I decided to put the air in it despite it saying it was okay. The map that shows the tire pressure numbers changed on a different tire. Come to find out the tires on the map, do not match where the tires actually are. For example, the map said the front right tire was low, but it ended up being the back right tire that was low. So when I filled it with more air, the map's pressure increased on the front tire instead of the back tire. It's probably a "duh" answer, but any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you!
Walmart will
Walmart will sync your TPMS sensors for free. Just ask them. Only take about 5 minutes.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
17,637 Posts
Any tire place that rotates them should do it for you before letting you take the car. I'be bought several sets of tires from Ken Towery Tires and for the last 2 years they've been giving me the lame excuse that they loaned their device to someone and can't find it.

I own a device similar to the above and I'm tempted to pull the car out and block a couple of service bays while resetting the TPMS for everyone to see. The most that would do is turn into a passive-aggressive situation that could escalate, and there's no need to do that, so I just drive home and take care of it there.

My next set of tires will be bought elsewhere.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You guys are awesome! Thanks so much for the help. I had new tires put on and they set them for me. :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
you need to get your tire sensors (TPMS-Tire Pressure Monitoring System) re set...at some time perhaps the tires were shuffled or they were rotated and the sensors were not re set...it will be a simple fix

Bill
Do what Bill recommends. Walmart will reset the tire sensors for free, even if they did not other work on your car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts