Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
17,984 Posts
Probably not.

I'm running 235/50 R 18 and the first time or two after fitting them, they rubbed when the wheel was turned to full lock, but only then. I ran a set of 235 Michelins before lowering the car, then a set of 235 Kelly tires after lowering, and they both rubbed only when turned to lock, but not over any bumps that I have been able to determine.

Find the overall diameter of the tire and compare it to the overall diameters of 225/50 R 18 and 235/50 R 18 to see if it's bigger than either or both of those. If so, you may not like what happens when you put 'em on the car.

If you can find a tire store with 1 of each size, roll them out onto the floor next to each other and see which is the tallest.

·
Super Moderator
728 Posts
@JonS is running 19" tires and seems to be doing okay, but he's only running 225s. But with that width and diameter that you are looking for, I would strongly advise against it. I don't think the wheel wells are the deepest on these cars. Also keep in mind, the lower profile you go, the more you'll feel via road imperfections so you may not get the most comfortable ride in the world. With the wheel hubs not being the best in the universe either, the tire helps absorb some of the shock so you might end up causing more wear to your suspension and hubs a bit faster.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts