Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, not sure if this is the best place to post this as it pertains to tires AND leasing but here goes... I have a 2011 LS that I'm leasing thru Ally. The lease is up in 6 months and the tires are near the 1/8" tread limit that Ally specifies. So anything less than this constitutes excess wear.

Does anybody know if Ally will pro-rate tire wear or will I be on the hook for the full cost of tire replacement at lease termination?

I called Ally but the people at the 1-800# were clueless about this.

Now, the stock Firestone 710's are mediocre at best and winter is coming on. If I'm going to be responsible for full cost of tire replacement I might as well get them replaced now so I can enjoy 6 months of driving.

Does anybody know the answer?

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
17,197 Posts
You will likely leave the tires on the car and watch your hard-earned go bye-bye (or is that buy-buy?) because they will not likely refund any money toward consumables. It's like leaving it in their hands with a full tank of gas and hoping they'll pay you for it. Ain't gonna happen. You can ask but you'll probably get a "No".

My suggestion: go get some decent used tires at a cut-rate shop. I'll bet you can find some if you start asking questions of some of your co-workers who drive older cars and don't worry if the tires match so long as they're round and cheap. I know a place where I can buy tires for about $25 each.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.