Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 34 of 34 Posts
Yes, wax it! Use the best, highest concentration carnuba wax you can find. No cleaners, or polishes (polishing is a separate task!) I like Zymol Crème, or Carbon, Pinnacle, P21 S.
It will keep your paint "fed" keep it from drying out and adds a layer of protection from acid rain, bird poo, etc.
The only "down side" to using wax is: on a true show car finish, highly polished, wax can slightly dull down the shine. On these paint jobs it is better to use a hand glaze, for minimum protection, or just leave it after a super fine polish job.

also, if you've never waxed before, don't just go outside and start throwing wax on your car. You should wash by hand completely, clay bar, polish, wax. Thats just me though. The very least wash, claybar, wax.

hey guys i just wanted to know your opinions on waxing? Ive heard good and bad and was wondering what malibu users are doing..

Which types of waxes are you using? and how often are you waxing your bu's?

thanks in advance..
I have used Griots Garage Best of Show wax for over 25 years and have never been disappointed with the final results. I wax my cars about once every 6 weeks. I have recently tried Griots Liquid Gloss Poly Wax and have been impressed with it's ease of application, removal and the paint clarity after I am finished waxing.

I just stick with Carnuba wax and a microfiber cloth and if i have a lot of contamints i will clay bar prior. when i wash my car weekly i just use the diy quarter car wash and never use the brush the wax makes the dirt just fall right off.

If you value your car's appearance, then waxing is one of the best things you could do for it. It greatly enhances the appearance of paint (after a proper polish detail), and it will further protect the clearcoat from failure from UV rays. Waxing will also bring satisfaction to the owner if its done well.

Without waxing and propoerly detailing your car, you rob yourself of the opportunity of making your car's appearance the best that it could be. Instead, one will always admire someone else's car's appearance instead of enjoying your own car's beauty.

Reactions: DrivenDaily
If you value your car's appearance, then waxing is one of the best things you could do for it. It greatly enhances the appearance of paint (after a proper polish detail), and it will further protect the clearcoat from failure from UV rays. Waxing will also bring satisfaction to the owner if its done well.

Without waxing and propoerly detailing your car, you rob yourself of the opportunity of making your car's appearance the best that it could be. Instead, one will always admire someone else's car's appearance instead of enjoying your own car's beauty.
Well stated! :)

2 more days off, I washed it this AM, may use a quick detailer wax tomorrow AM.

Attachments

Best way to preserve your paint and your dash, ect is to park your car out of the Sun. No wax beats that at all. Hell, too much sunlight isn't even good for your skin or your tires for that matter.

Best way to preserve your paint and your dash, ect is to park your car out of the Sun. No wax beats that at all. Hell, too much sunlight isn't even good for your skin or your tires for that matter.
I don't have a choice most of the time. Desert sun is where it gets parked.

I'm into Chemical Guy's products. JetSeal sealant for paint and 5050 carnauba wax for the pop. I use a power washer foam cannon to wash it. Mothers on the bright exhaust tips, inside the pipe and outside. I treat the plastic. I treat the leather. I treat the door seals. I treat the tires. I seal and wax the wheels. I even wax the door jambs. I use a windshield reflector to keep the sun from frying the dash.

I want Svetlana to look good and last. Like my buddy tells me, even that rental car silver looks good...lol

Attachments

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.