Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, All

I finally pulled the trigger on Malibu. I taded in my 07 Accord, which was not an easy decision. The Accord while a nice driving machine but it was also a source of constant disappointment due to quality issues - mostly rattles that were hard to isolate and fix. I tried to live with that car, but couldn't, it just doesn't agree with me.

So, after numerous attempts to make up my mind and replace it I finally did it yesterday. Me and my fiance loved a black 2LT with performance package and ebony interior. Well, she didn't care about performance but simply loved the looks inside out :) I liked the solid feel of the car, seat comfort and looks.

Humberview Chevrolet in Toronto handled the transaction well. They offered me a good trade-in value right away. For the Bu price I had a quote from Automobile Protection Assosiation (APA) and they matched the price.
So, aside from the fact that I lost a whole lot of money changing cars so soon I am pleased :)

Will post some pictures after I pick it up Tuesday night (wish it was sooner! :))

·
Registered
512 Posts
Congrats! Thanks for buying Chevy!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hi, All

I finally pulled the trigger on Malibu. I taded in my 07 Accord, which was not an easy decision. The Accord while a nice driving machine but it was also a source of constant disappointment due to quality issues - mostly rattles that were hard to isolate and fix. I tried to live with that car, but couldn't, it just doesn't agree with me.
:eek::eek: You mean Honda is not the best on the planet?!? I guess they didn't give you hush money like so many others or pay you off like they do for the magazines.....(Consumer Reports)

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
Congrats Yuri, best wishes with your new ride.

I have a friend with an '08 Accord. Its 6 months old and it's been a nightmare for him. It has spend over 30 days back at the dealer for what I consider major problems, engine knock and transmission trouble.

I think you made a fine choice.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:eek::eek: You mean Honda is not the best on the planet?!? I guess they didn't give you hush money like so many others or pay you off like they do for the magazines.....(Consumer Reports)
:)

Hondas have their merits. However they have drawbacks too. I think at the end of the day it's just another car, not some kind of godsend like some think it is.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats Yuri, best wishes with your new ride.

I have a friend with an '08 Accord. Its 6 months old and it's been a nightmare for him. It has spend over 30 days back at the dealer for what I consider major problems, engine knock and transmission trouble.

I think you made a fine choice.
Thank you. I think new Malibus are quite nice, a big step from the previous generation (I used to drive one of those for a while).

Regarding your friends Accord - in all fairness, that doesn't happen to 08 Accords too often. Must be a lemon.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Agreed Yury, that's his opinion as well. Sadly, he's a Honda only man.
darn, it's like being between a rock and a hard place....a non-honda guy would invoke a Lemon law and go another brand...

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
finally got around to taking some pictures, they are in my gallery now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.