Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Maroon Chevrolet Malibu LT 1.5l Gen9
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to another drivers incompetence and failure to yield, my Malibu is a gold mine of parts now as of April 28th. Air bags deployed, internal fire, and god knows what else. I had paid four payments on this car when this happened. I had just bought 3 brand new tires, a new wheel, K&N air filter, floor mats, and paid for a synthetic oil change. Not to mention I spent about 2 hours waxing the thing that day as well... my back is shot, I had a concussion from my steering wheel air bag, and not real sure what's up with my arm still. If you zoom in on a certain photo you can clearly see what is a sign by the light stating (as I'm sure it's the same in your localities) "Left turn YIELD on green".. Well.. she didn't. That poor woman reveived a ear full as I got out and took plenty of pictures all while cussing her/calling her anything you might could imagine. (I feel bad, maybe a little)

But I'm not necessarily just trying to use this as an opportunity to sell, however I do have a few things from the vehicle if any of you other members are interested in. I know it can mildly difficult to find some stuff. I have my OEM floor mats, spare tire and jack, wheel cap, TPMS, Owners Manual, and a K&N air filter that I might have driven 300 miles with. If you're interested in any of that feel free to ask.

I really loved that car, kept great care of it, and before that it didnt even so much as have a scratch on it. 36k miles on it.. I'd love to own another, but I'm not sure where to even look. Still in disbelief honestly that it all happened.

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
Due to another drivers incompetence and failure to yield, my Malibu is a gold mine of parts now as of April 28th. Air bags deployed, internal fire, and god knows what else. I had paid four payments on this car when this happened. I had just bought 3 brand new tires, a new wheel, K&N air filter, floor mats, and paid for a synthetic oil change. Not to mention I spent about 2 hours waxing the thing that day as well... my back is shot, I had a concussion from my steering wheel air bag, and not real sure what's up with my arm still. If you zoom in on a certain photo you can clearly see what is a sign by the light stating (as I'm sure it's the same in your localities) "Left turn YIELD on green".. Well.. she didn't. That poor woman reveived a ear full as I got out and took plenty of pictures all while cussing her/calling her anything you might could imagine. (I feel bad, maybe a little)

But I'm not necessarily just trying to use this as an opportunity to sell, however I do have a few things from the vehicle if any of you other members are interested in. I know it can mildly difficult to find some stuff. I have my OEM floor mats, spare tire and jack, wheel cap, TPMS, Owners Manual, and a K&N air filter that I might have driven 300 miles with. If you're interested in any of that feel free to ask.

I really loved that car, kept great care of it, and before that it didnt even so much as have a scratch on it. 36k miles on it.. I'd love to own another, but I'm not sure where to even look. Still in disbelief honestly that it all happened.
Sorry to hear about your misfortune and I am glad to hear your ok. This may be a good time to go ahead and pick up a Premier orbgo for that 2.0 model unless I am mistaken and this is a 2.0. Good Luck!!

·
Super Moderator
2017 SS Sedan 6.2L
4,921 Posts
I hope your claim and everything dealing with insurance goes smoothly. This is why I have a dashcam to back me up in the event of an accident where I would otherwise have to rely on the honesty of the other party.

I'm sure you can find another lightly used Malibu out there when you get your insurance payout. IMO you should look for a Premier like @Mynewbu87 suggested. You could also look at Buick Regal models because they are handsome sedans with some nicer luxury touches inside.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts