Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning Fellow Mailbu Owners

I have a question about the TPMS. When I check my tire pressure an they are low and I put them to the correct pressure the reading on the DIC is diffrent than what is in the tires after airing them up. Why is this? Thanks for any input you have.:D

2008 Hybrid

·
Registered
201 Posts
mine are a pound or two off. Also , as you probably know, once you start driving they will come up a little more after they warm up. If mine are set a 30 PSI, they go as high as 34 PSI when driving. If that s doesn t help you maybe your hand gauge is off.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yeah, when i air my tires up; there's about a 3-5 psi difference from the gauge and the dic. Now when i fill my tires, i go off of the reading of the dic.

·
Registered
795 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
If you use two different gauges and the TPMS to measure your tire pressure you will have 3 different readings. Check the TPMS pressures after driving the car and then use a gauge to check the pressure, compare to the TPMS and adjust accordingly to set the pressure so the next TPMS reading will be what you want.

Bill

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input it makes me fill better knowing that other people noticed it also. Thanks again for all your help.?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.