Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have a 2009 Malibu with the 2.4L, would I be able to set up transmission fluid temp on my torque app? Or where do I find the guide to doing so?
I’m honestly not sure as I don’t have a 2009 and haven’t used Torque in a few years but do you have the regular or TorquePro? I’m sure there would be a way to access trans temp with it in Pro since the sensor is already in the vehicle

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T/6-speed 6T40
3,898 Posts
In Torque you may have to add custom GM PID data. I do not know if the 1st gen 6T40 had the same sensors or ability to view it, but you can on the 3rd gen 6T40. The post below shows how to add custom PIDs to Torque. It's in reference to a gen9 Malibu but concept is the same.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In Torque you may have to add custom GM PID data. I do not know if the 1st gen 6T40 had the same sensors or ability to view it, but you can on the 3rd gen 6T40. The post below shows how to add custom PIDs to Torque. It's in reference to a gen9 Malibu but concept is the same.

I was actually able to get it set up, by adding the predefined GM PID data! Thanks for the tip, I've been wondering how to do this for awhile now! My GTP before this car had the trans temp on the DIC so I'm used to being able to keep an eye on it and learn what the normally runs at. Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts