Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tried some new car care products

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  nutcrunch 
#1 · (Edited)
I bought the BLACKFIRE Wet-Ice Over Fire combo kit a couple months ago and was just waiting for a decent day to apply it. Today was no rain and a high of 81 so I decided today was the day.
Here's the Blackfire combo I bought BLACKFIRE Wet-Ice Over Fire Combo
I also decided to try out some Meguiars Ultimate Polish before applying the sealant.

Washed it with Meguiars Gold Class wash then dried it with a Dry Me A River microfiber waffle towel from The Rag Company.
I then used my Griots Garage dual action buffer to buff it with some Meguiars M205 polish.
After that I applied the Ultimate Polish.
Then I applied the Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant
I'll wait about 6 hours and then apply the last step, the BLACKFIRE Midnight Sun Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax
Tires got some Endurance Tire Gel from Meguiars.
All microfiber towels used were from The Rag Company (except the one I used on the wheels which was a Sams Club cheapy)

I was using Meguiars Ultimate Wax and while it was pretty good, lasted a long time and looked nice, it sucked at times to wipe off. I rarely got it to dry and haze up where I could buff it off easily. I usually had to spray detailer spray on it and then wipe it off. The sealant goes on like butter and within 10-15 minutes it had dried to a haze and came off with a light swipe of the microfiber cloth. It also looks a little better to me than Ultimate Wax did. Now if it holds up as well I have a new wax to use. Love this stuff so far.

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks!
I went out and applied the Midnight Sun carnauba wax around 6pm and I was skeptical it would make it look any better but I was surprised, it did give it a deeper shine. It went on like smearing butter and you wipe it off immediately. It also came off with extremely easy. This stuff is pretty amazing.

#5 ·
It's too dark outside now and the wife is taking it to work at 5am. I'll see if I can get one tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.