Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

301 - 320 of 341 Posts

·
CMF Senior Member
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #301
My vehicle is 100% stock right now. Other than the tune the only other mod I might do is the intake. If I get the Advantage tune and add an intake afterwards would I need to upgrade to the Advantage+ tune? Or should I get the intake put on before adding the tune?
If you go with an intake made by a reputable company like K&N or Injen, or AEM, than it technically should be compatible with Adv. However, if you wish to make sure 100% that the engine is happy and you are getting the best our of it, you would want Elite to get datalog and revision support.

·
Registered
2 Posts
New guy here but just purchased trifecta tune a few days ago. Cable came quick. Any idea how long the tune file is sent after ordering?

Thanks,

E

·
Registered
141 Posts
Down load it from their site to your/a laptop and connect the cable they send you to the OBD. Follow the instructions on their site.

You'll be amazed at the added power.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got it installed. Definitely a huge difference. Like how there's no lag at all and power is available throughout. Pleased with the purchase.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just installed the Injen CAI and Trifecta tune on my 13 Malibu.
Yes love the WOT pwr. but my low speed shifting has alot of flare. The RPM's will jump up almost 500-800 rpm before it makes the complete shift.

Any input. If I drive aggressive its good. Just normal driving. Very annoying from 1st to 2nd and so on.

Should I reset the adaptives and let it learn ?

Thanks
Dennis

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
17,675 Posts
Have you checked the fluid level yet?

·
Registered
35 Posts
small Update. Car driving much better. Tranny shifting is back to normal. I assume the adaptives had to relearn? As for performance..Very, Very nice gain. Love to still get a few more ponies out of it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
small Update. Car driving much better. Tranny shifting is back to normal. I assume the adaptives had to relearn? As for performance..Very, Very nice gain. Love to still get a few more ponies out of it.
I think you are right here, its a FEW ponies, a lot of diffience is by higher shift points, and not engine.
im very unstatisfied with a trifecta tune, my friend have a stock 15' bu like me, when im on a stock tune, both and do a pull from 30mph both cars runs same, when i load a trifecta tune, hes stock car pulls a lot better, both of having 100% stock car and running 93 octane fuel.
so my decision is that the tune is not worth the money that they are asking, also the support team starting to tell you stories about that the car is reducing power because you live in about the sea level area and bla bla bla.. ok, the higher seal level is loss power, but its about 3% per 2000ft and i live in ~2000ft area, also when i do a pull test with another bu they are in same place as me.
i don't know what to do, they didnt want to return the money, because i agreed to terms agreement, but i think its not worth a cent because they also said that i will gain a 60hp gain, and i get only hp loss and not gain.

·
Super Moderator
2017 SS Sedan 6.2L
4,881 Posts
I think you are right here, its a FEW ponies, a lot of diffience is by higher shift points, and not engine.
im very unstatisfied with a trifecta tune, my friend have a stock 15' bu like me, when im on a stock tune, both and do a pull from 30mph both cars runs same, when i load a trifecta tune, hes stock car pulls a lot better, both of having 100% stock car and running 93 octane fuel.
so my decision is that the tune is not worth the money that they are asking, also the support team starting to tell you stories about that the car is reducing power because you live in about the sea level area and bla bla bla.. ok, the higher seal level is loss power, but its about 3% per 2000ft and i live in ~2000ft area, also when i do a pull test with another bu they are in same place as me.
i don't know what to do, they didnt want to return the money, because i agreed to terms agreement, but i think its not worth a cent because they also said that i will gain a 60hp gain, and i get only hp loss and not gain.
Getting better performance out of the 2.0T has little to do with higher shift points, it's the boost management that makes more power across the board with gains up to 60 horsepower under the curve.

I suggest you contact Trifecta before posting any more silly bashing comments, because it's clear to me that your tune isn't functioning properly. We have actual proof of gen 8 and gen 9 owners getting huge gains at the track.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Getting better performance out of the 2.0T has little to do with higher shift points, it's the boost management that makes more power across the board with gains up to 60 horsepower under the curve.

I suggest you contact Trifecta before posting any more silly bashing comments, because it's clear to me that your tune isn't functioning properly. We have actual proof of gen 8 and gen 9 owners getting huge gains at the track.
i have contacted them, they says that they cant help, its function perfectly and i didnt get power because im live in high sea level area. that is anwer.
maybe you right, its my first experience with trifecta, before i bought it i read a lot of forums and see that all are happy with that and i decided to spend my 350$ to trifecta, but for now i run a stock tune because its runs a lot better that trifecta. when i load a trifecta im feeling like i get higher shift point and less power from engine. its also comfirmed by 0-60 test.
Stock : 6.5-6.8s
Trifecta 7.4-7.6s

im be very happy if they can fix that issue. but for now i didnt got any solution, only stories about my altitude.

·
Super Moderator
2017 SS Sedan 6.2L
4,881 Posts
The altitude excuse seems kinda weak. Is 2,000 feet considered high enough to have such a large impact? I don't actually know, I assumed real losses start to happen happen at more than double that. I'm at a total loss as to how the performance actually *drops* compared to stock, though. I believe you, I'm just confused by your experience.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Its true that power gets loss over high altitude, but this is not so high, for Normally aspirated motors its about 3% per 2000feet, and turbos its less.

·
Administrator
17,675 Posts
I've been reading these comments back and forth about the tune actually making the car slower than a stock version racing each other, as claimed in the zero to 60 times. No matter what the times may be, if both are stock and they stay next to each other, then one adds the tune and falls behind the stock version, there's gotta be something going on.

Either the tune itself isn't able to handle the situation where you're rolling at 30 mph before getting on it, or that other driver is getting a "hole shot" and you just can't reel him in before he's out in front for awhile.

For my mind there just isn't enough information to make a judgment.
1. Are there any codes, whether pending or other?
2. Are both drivers in the same gear?
3. Are they both in D or L?
4. Do the tires temporarily lose traction on the car with the tune?
5. Is it uphill, downhill, or on a flat that this test takes place?
6. Has the air filter been changed or even inspected?
7. Where do these tests take place?
8. Are both vehicles the same country version, i.e. both US, both Canada, etc.?

There may or may not be a real reason to gripe about the tune. With all the others on here who have bought one and express their contentment, I'd hazard a guess that something is wrong on your vehicle, and that with a tiny little adjustment you might find the power increase you paid for.

Yet there also remains the possibility that the tune does not deliver, though that seems remote.

Tell us more about your car as well as the "other" car you're using to compare against: year, engine, transmission.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just wanted to chime in with a standard baseline (before) if you will. My 2015 just went over 107,000 Miles; however at 95 it did [email protected] with a 2.06 sixty on factory tires,second set, and the spare tire plus my 14 year old daughter along for the ride.
At around the 102K mark my GF went [email protected]/2.15 sixty; with no passenger or spare tire and a single chamber flow master muffler and turn down in place of the cat back. Freezing cold now in Wisconsin so prolly wait till spring to order this tune but most likely should get the advanced tune for additional support as I’m also considering that ZZP catted downpipe
Kinda impressed with what these wrong wheel drive cars can do while getting mid thirties per gallon efficiency to boot

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've been reading these comments back and forth about the tune actually making the car slower than a stock version racing each other, as claimed in the zero to 60 times. No matter what the times may be, if both are stock and they stay next to each other, then one adds the tune and falls behind the stock version, there's gotta be something going on.

Either the tune itself isn't able to handle the situation where you're rolling at 30 mph before getting on it, or that other driver is getting a "hole shot" and you just can't reel him in before he's out in front for awhile.

For my mind there just isn't enough information to make a judgment.
1. Are there any codes, whether pending or other?
2. Are both drivers in the same gear?
3. Are they both in D or L?
4. Do the tires temporarily lose traction on the car with the tune?
5. Is it uphill, downhill, or on a flat that this test takes place?
6. Has the air filter been changed or even inspected?
7. Where do these tests take place?
8. Are both vehicles the same country version, i.e. both US, both Canada, etc.?

There may or may not be a real reason to gripe about the tune. With all the others on here who have bought one and express their contentment, I'd hazard a guess that something is wrong on your vehicle, and that with a tiny little adjustment you might find the power increase you paid for.

Yet there also remains the possibility that the tune does not deliver, though that seems remote.

Tell us more about your car as well as the "other" car you're using to compare against: year, engine, transmission.
1. No.
2. truth i didn't sure, holding 30mph and push the gas.
3. Both are in D.
4. when i pull from 30mph ? no. if from steady its lose traction, stock also.
5.tested in various places,also this is not matter i think, because both cars are on same place next to each other.
6. both are new stock filter.
7. Test taken on abandoned road.
8. Both cars are same country version, even VIN is different on only few thousand number.

for the truth of test, we also swaped the cars, i drive hes car, and result is same.
the stock car wins the race.

today i reread the user agreements of trifecta, they are CHEATY company i can say.
They are saying in agreement that "all of the gain of HP or Torque must be read as "Gain UP TO" and doesnt guarantee any gain at all, these mean that even if this not be a positive gain they are not responsible and not refundable...

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,675 Posts
Those answers seem to spell out that your test is as fair as it can be, which still has me scratching my head.

I'll ask question #7 differently: What country are you in?

Additionally, and more specific to this issue, is your vehicle a US or Canadian version, or is it an "overseas" or export version, meaning it is built to conform to the laws of a country other than the US or Canada?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Those answers seem to spell out that your test is as fair as it can be, which still has me scratching my head.

I'll ask question #7 differently: What country are you in?

Additionally, and more specific to this issue, is your vehicle a US or Canadian version, or is it an "overseas" or export version, meaning it is built to conform to the laws of a country other than the US or Canada?
Answer to #7 Question = I'm in Israel, the car are EXPORT version.
i have a HP tuners interface. we had compared my tune against the US versions tune that i found in repository, they are the same tune 1 to 1.
Other car are also same as mine.

301 - 320 of 341 Posts