Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

321 - 340 of 341 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Looking to pounce on this after I get my cat back put in.
Think 10 times about this.
I cant say 100% but specify to my car ( didnt found anyone with trifecta in israel) but its give me a negative result. Its looks like built by kid that plays with tuning software, doesnt give gain that they specify ( yea they specifyit as "up to" without any gain garantee at all " ) that stated it they user agreement.
Its my worst almost 400$ ( shipping to israel ) waste of money.
The tune of transmission is peace if crap... its hold the gear in places where stock tune are shifts up, very annoying when cruising in city, but make "effect of power" because turbo is on the boost rpms.
I returned my car to stock tune. And waiting to get another "free" bucks to get a normal dyno tune.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
17,658 Posts
Think 10 times about this.
I cant say 100% but specify to my car ( didnt found anyone with trifecta in israel) but its give me a negative result. Its looks like built by kid that plays with tuning software, doesnt give gain that they specify ( yea they specifyit as "up to" without any gain garantee at all " ) that stated it they user agreement.
Its my worst almost 400$ ( shipping to israel ) waste of money.
The tune of transmission is peace if crap... its hold the gear in places where stock tune are shifts up, very annoying when cruising in city, but make "effect of power" because turbo is on the boost rpms.
I returned my car to stock tune. And waiting to get another "free" bucks to get a normal dyno tune.
We all realize that you don't like what you got, and we're not going to hinder your ability to speak your piece. But you also have to remember that your vehicle is in Israel and might be somewhat different in its basic programming.

I'm not "going to bat" for Trifecta since they are their own company and I'm not endorsed or paid by them or anyone else.

I also want you to know that I'm on your side as a consumer. I believe that you should get value when you spend money that you work hard to earn. One of the most frustrating things that can happen is to hear so many others who praise it, only to have it fail miserably when you try to use it. And then to be hung out to dry, so to speak, when you experience troubles with it just adds insult to injury. What I'd like to see is a resolution that works for you regarding this expenditure, but I'm in no position to effect any cure for you other than to commiserate with you.

·
Super Moderator
2017 SS Sedan 6.2L
4,881 Posts
Re: Trifecta 2014 2.0t malibu tune

TRIFECTA TUNE INCOMING!!!!!!!! Should be here Tuesday at the latest. I will let everyone know how it is
Shawn Wiggins, I merged your thread with the Trifecta master thread for gen 8 2.0T models. If you have a specific discussion about the Trifecta tune that you want to start, feel free to make a separate thread. General comments and reactions should go here so there aren't a bunch of duplicate tune threads.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had the trifecta tune with the Injen cai. Best investment to me. Tune was night and day. Easy to drive but came alive under throttle. I traded my 13 in for a 2017 Chevy SS. Before driving to the dealer I loaded the stock tune back in and realized the difference again. Felt like a slug.
I'm selling my injen cai. PM me with an offer.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
17,658 Posts
I believe that that is the first time I've seen a dyno slip for the Trifecta tune, or any vehicle for that matter.

You started with 259 HP as advertised, and now you have 270 that is certified. While it's not a huge improvement, it's more, but what matters even more is that the torque is up and is probably available at lower RPMs than before. You also now have the ability to defeat the Start/Stop feature (if it's part of your vehicle) and probably have a better shift strategy, too.

Let us know if you get better economy and whether your overall driving experience is improved as a result of the transmission improvements they made.

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
kolyani4...has yours settled in???...has it gotten any better for you???...have you contacted Trifecta about your earlier results?...good luck with your car

Bill

·
Registered
103 Posts
kolyani4...has yours settled in???...has it gotten any better for you???...have you contacted Trifecta about your earlier results?...good luck with your car

Bill
Yes. My engine has piston failure and this was cause to trifecta to run poor.
I recently get new engine and trifecta runs good

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
so your engine had piston failure you say caused by the Trifecta tune and you had to get a new engine???...then you added the Trifecta tune to the new engine???...

Is it possible your original engine had a failure that had nothing to do with Trifecta???...I know I would never gamble like that again with something I believed caused my engine failure...but then I have read of the few who had piston failure without having Trifect tunes on their car so your posts have me puzzled...

Good luck with your choices...and your car

Bill

·
Elite Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,382 Posts
Yes. My engine has piston failure and this was cause to trifecta to run poor.
I recently get new engine and trifecta runs good
Yikes! If you have had piston failure while running a tune don't run the tune in the new/fixed engine. There is no way to know if the tune had anything to do with the piston failure as the 2.0 has seen many piston failures now - dozens of failures with no report of a tune even being in play. Just take out that variable and enjoy the regular performance.

·
Registered
103 Posts
so your engine had piston failure you say caused by the Trifecta tune and you had to get a new engine???...then you added the Trifecta tune to the new engine???...

Is it possible your original engine had a failure that had nothing to do with Trifecta???...I know I would never gamble like that again with something I believed caused my engine failure...but then I have read of the few who had piston failure without having Trifect tunes on their car so your posts have me puzzled...

Good luck with your choices...and your car

Bill
No. I had got a car from trade in second hand
And im pretty sure that it has failed piston before i get trifecta. Trifexta didnt coused the failure, just i didnt niticed a gains but noticed a loss in performance because engine cant handle that with failed piston

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
ahhh...you might want to correct your earlier poor review of Trifecta then...glad you got your issues worked out in a positive way.

Bill

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yikes! If you have had piston failure while running a tune don't run the tune in the new/fixed engine. There is no way to know if the tune had anything to do with the piston failure as the 2.0 has seen many piston failures now - dozens of failures with no report of a tune even being in play. Just take out that variable and enjoy the regular performance.
I didnt think that tune couse the fail, because when i loaded a stick tune the cars feels like before,but when do a compression check the 1 and 3 cylinder had loss a compression a bit.
After that i drove about 30000km and got a piston cracked a bit in 1st cylinder ( compression was about 40% lower tgat others) , the car are running but idle is not stable and had a power loss.
With thus issue i drove another 30k kms, and got a piston huge failure, after tltear down i saw a missing part of piston and damaged wall.

321 - 340 of 341 Posts