Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
CMF Senior Member
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TRIFECTA is pleased to announce the immediate availability of our K&N Intake-specific calibration for the 2013--2015 Chevrolet Malibu / 2016 Malibu Limited - 2.5L (RPO: LCV/LKW).

While a TRIFECTA calibration alone is capable of dramatically improving performance, adding a K&N intake and creating an exhaustively tested calibration for it can further maximize the potential of this platform.

The TRIFECTA Stage 1 Kit Option is available exclusively when ordering a TRIFECTA Calibration and K&N Intake (Add-On option after adding the calibration to your cart)

2013--2015 Chevrolet Malibu / 2016 Malibu Limited - 2.5L - Advantage

TRIFECTA K&N-Specific Calibration Details:

Specific Gains

TRIFECTA Calibration vs Stock:

+29 HP @ 6660rpm
+23 ft-lbs @ 6660rpm

TRIFECTA K&N Calibration vs Stock:

+43 HP @ 6670rpm
+34 ft-lbs @ 6670rpm

TRIFECTA K&N Calibration vs Factory Airbox w/ TRIFECTA Calibration:

+20 HP @ 3830rpm
+28 ft-lbs @ 3830rpm

click for full size

K&N Manufacturer Details:

P/N: 69-4529TS

Built for performance and show, the K&N Typhoon Air Intake System is a free-flowing mandrel-bent aluminum tube induction system designed to fit many sport compact performance vehicles. Each kit is proven on a rear-wheel dynamometer to increase horsepower and torque.

The K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake System is available in an assortment of powder coated colors and polished aluminum, these kits are sure to please in every way. They come with an oversized High-Flow conical air filter designed to provide increased surface area and dust capacity. This extra surface area provides even more airflow at lower restriction than a standard K&N O/E replacement filter that is limited to the size of the factory air box. The oversize air filter also captures more dirt increasing the service life before a cleaning is required (up to 100,000 miles).

Designed for increased performance for your sport compacts, utilizing the finest quality components
Guaranteed to Provide more horsepower and increased acceleration
Available in high-quality finishes
Includes K&N High-Flow, Washable/Reusable Air Filter
Some applications available in cold-air versions
Easy to Install
Million Mile Limited Warranty

Available Information:

Installation Instruction Sheet

This item only available for sale with a TRIFECTA calibration.

Not CARB legal: Not for sale or street use in CA & CARB states.

·
Registered
787 Posts
That's awesome, I've been wanting a calibration that had been done with the intake on, emails sent!!

·
Registered
787 Posts
Man, all I can say is thanks. Makes the car even more enjoyable to drive.

I believe the big difference it made was only a testament to how much that intake was throwing something off, it really shows. It's a huge difference in low end. Kinda had to adjust my driving style again. Transmission shift logic seems to have been improved as well. Or maybe the extra torqe down low is enough to keep the transmission from having to shift so much. The most noticeable improvement for me is during highway driving. Before it would constantly drop a bunch of gears when I gave it a little gas to pass a car. Now, it seems to make enough torque to not have to downshift, or if it does, it's only 1 gear, which in turn makes the drive much smoother.

Added bonus is it also feels more powerful. I noticed a little extra pull across the entire power band. And the shift points were lowered a few hundred rpm, which is cool as power was starting to taper off by then.

All in all I would say that this tune is a MUST for anyone with the intake already.

·
Super Moderator
2017 SS Sedan 6.2L
5,020 Posts
That's very inpressive gains, please do one for then 2.0t and the injen intake!:)
The 2.0T tune isn't restricted by the stock intake, it's restricted by the transmission limits. If the transmission was no issue, they could turn it up even higher with no other mods.

·
Super Moderator
2017 SS Sedan 6.2L
5,020 Posts

I believe the big difference it made was only a testament to how much that intake was throwing something off, it really shows. It's a huge difference in low end. Kinda had to adjust my driving style again. Transmission shift logic seems to have been improved as well. Or maybe the extra torqe down low is enough to keep the transmission from having to shift so much. The most noticeable improvement for me is during highway driving. Before it would constantly drop a bunch of gears when I gave it a little gas to pass a car. Now, it seems to make enough torque to not have to downshift, or if it does, it's only 1 gear, which in turn makes the drive much smoother.

Added bonus is it also feels more powerful. I noticed a little extra pull across the entire power band. And the shift points were lowered a few hundred rpm, which is cool as power was starting to taper off by then.

All in all I would say that this tune is a MUST for anyone with the intake already.
Weren't you going to give us drag strip times? That would be nice to see the difference in a real world setting.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I know! I even lost my original time slip and forgot what I ran, lol.

·
Registered
787 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
I finally gave in ordered the tune and the intake. Super freaking excited for it to show up!

Reactions: GarySSHTX

·
Registered
787 Posts
I finally gave in ordered the tune and the intake. Super freaking excited for it to show up!
Awesome man, hands down the best 2 mods you can do to this car. You will love it. Congrats

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yeah there tune they offer exceeds the trans spec for the 2.0. But who cares they should still offer a more aggressive tune if the consumer wants it. That's why I got a tune I want to use the full potential of my engine. So I'm hoping trifecta will help me achieve my goal.

·
Registered
787 Posts
So I'm hoping trifecta will help me achieve my goal.
Is your goal to burn up the transmission? Lol. I feel like if you should check out the prices on a built 6T75 before asking for a tune that can burn it up....

·
CMF Senior Member
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Awesome! Glad to hear you are loving the new update! Thanks for the follow up post and great feedback :)

·
CMF Senior Member
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Yeah there tune they offer exceeds the trans spec for the 2.0. But who cares they should still offer a more aggressive tune if the consumer wants it. That's why I got a tune I want to use the full potential of my engine. So I'm hoping trifecta will help me achieve my goal.
It only does so when you are at WOT on the 2.0T. Even then, its still safe. All our calibration products are tested and validated to provide the best performance without seriously damaging the d train.

We wont recklessly 'turn it up' knowing it could cause damage to the drive train. We're not that sort of company :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have had the Advantage tune along with the K&N Typhoon CAI since last year and love the performance. Recently contacted Trifecta Performance and they are sending me the new Stage 1 tune and I CAN'T WAIT! Looking forward to posting on my driving results with the new tune.

Thanks WOT and Trifecta Tune!

1 - 20 of 113 Posts