Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so today I'm getting ready to haul our trash to the end of our driveway (our drive is 1/2 mile long) and low and behold, the trash can won't fit in the trunk! And it's not one of the large ones either; it's a normal size trash can.

Anyone else notice the trunk seems little narrow at the top?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yes it is! I had read a couple of reviews and this was mentioned.

In comparing to my 05 the trunk opening is a bit smaller, which is due in part to the large / long C pillars.

One of the compromises I guess.

·
Registered
573 Posts
The reason the trunk opening is smaller is because the brackets arent the inside of the trunk. It is annoying when its like that but the extra space you get on the inside when you dont have to smash crap with the brackets that is inside the trunk.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
The reason the trunk opening is smaller is because the brackets arent the inside of the trunk. It is annoying when its like that but the extra space you get on the inside when you dont have to smash crap with the brackets that is inside the trunk.
That, and just the shape and stretch of the upper greenhouse...the A & C pillars really lay out at a sharp angle, the rear pillar of which really then pushes out the back over what would otherwise be the trunk opening. So, it's a few things at work.

Common, with a lot of modern designs...less than ideal/maximum openings.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Getting loaded to go to the boat. Oops! the cooler won't fit. Wife said "didn't you check this out?" Small opening. Large trunk, small opening. Buying a new cooler!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.