Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have about 2000 miles on my LTZ. I've noticed that when going over larger bumps, railroad tracks or similar things that it sounds like something is loose in the trunk. As if the spare tire was bouncing around. Well I checked that and it was tied down tight as can be. Any thoughts on what else it could be? :confused:

·
Registered
28 Posts
check the fuel door
my '00 GrandPrix has an issue with this. In the GP, the spring is old/rust in the hinge, so it does not hold itself tight.
Not sure how the Malibu is yet (mine isn't here yet)...

·
Registered
293 Posts
I think I have figured it out by dropping my back seats and having someone stick their head in there (not putting pressure on the bottom of the trunk). The floor of it that covers the spare tire, made out of wood or what ever, bounces if you hit a bump good enough with the back tires.

I solved the problem by throwing my backpack in there. Seems to be more quiet now.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I have figured it out by dropping my back seats and having someone stick their head in there (not putting pressure on the bottom of the trunk). The floor of it that covers the spare tire, made out of wood or what ever, bounces if you hit a bump good enough with the back tires.

I solved the problem by throwing my backpack in there. Seems to be more quiet now.
Thanks I'll check that when my work bag is in the back , if I can hear it still. Makes sense though!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I thought my noise was trunk, but was coming from ceiling. Have someone in back seat to try to isolate noise. I still have noise from the rear somewhere, may be other sources, but I know the ceiling sounded like tools from the trunk.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.