Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
after hours on the forum , one thing I saw alot of you had success on is tuning the computer . Ive only ever tuned JDM cars so this is a bit new to me. Is there anything I need specifically besides a laptop? Where could I find the cables and programs for this? Sorry if there's a instruction post on this I just haven't seen it. Car is a 2008 btw. Im looking to improve the performance and hopefully MPG . Which is what alot of people have posted that has happened. Not looking for High speed numbers or anything , just quicker responses and less trips to Gas Station during long trips.
Also I see now this car is really hard to find any modifications to do (CAI , Body Replacements, etc ) Any suggestions on what I can do in the realm of making the Bu look more "sporty" ? I love the body and OEM stuff but just like to make mine a bit more recognizable and unique to me.

Thanks

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
20,840 Posts
You will need a software package, such as HP Tuners. It's not cheap (I have it), but it lets you do things.

I had a friend tune my transmission tables and Cruise Control works way better now. He also adjusted the Torque Management down by about 75% and the shifts are way snappier.

Your car already has a CAI. There are very few body parts available for the Gen7, but you can find various versions of the headlight housings.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You will need a software package, such as HP Tuners. It's not cheap (I have it), but it lets you do things.

I had a friend tune my transmission tables and Cruise Control works way better now. He also adjusted the Torque Management down by about 75% and the shifts are way snappier.

Your car already has a CAI. There are very few body parts available for the Gen7, but you can find various versions of the headlight housings.
Thanks for the answer! Any chance did it do wonders for your MPG? if so any chance you might know where I can find maybe files that replicate that? I rather use settings others have used and that is currently working fine for them.Also im assuming I gotta find this software online, and im sure the cable is easy to find online as well?

Thanks again

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
20,840 Posts
My highway mileage stayed between 26-29. But the shifting when encountering hills was greatly improved!

The files would have to be flashed by using the app. HP Tuners still sells credits for $50 each and it takes 2 for your V6. When I bought the app and hardware, which came with (I think) 6 credits, it was right around $500.

If you're truly interested, send me a PM and we might be able to work something out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts