Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an 09, and they changed the turn signal clicker from the 08 model year. I only know this because mine sounds different than my cousins. In 08, it was an old fashioned clicker, however in 09, the sound is simulated over the radio. (I noticed this because i had my 4 ways on one day, and the key in the ignition. when the door was closed, i could hear the turn signal clicker, but when i opened the door, the key reminder started, and the turn signal sound muted.) So here is my issue... most of the time, when im waiting to turn somewhere, ill change the radio with the buttons on the wheel, and when i do this, it effects the sound of the turn signal clicker. Anyone else have this issue?

Also, i have noticed on accident, when i turn the car off, and the radio is still on, and the windows still have power and stuff, i bumped the wiper control to the on position (low), and they ran, however, when i went to turn them off, they wouldnt run on any other position, except low. So, to get them to the parked position, i just put the key back in, and flicked it to the mist position so it would run once and park. Just seems funny they would run on low (on the RAP power) and no other position.

Tonight on my way back, i started my car after it sat all day with the key in the ignition, and my security light was on, and the car was running. I called onstar, and they were shocked that it was running, AND the light was on. They told me to take it to the dealer tomorrow, and see what they say. Well, i got to school, with the remote, locked, then unlocked, adn started it and the lights off. whatever.

also one other very minor thing - anyone elses door lock plungers all scratched up where they go up and down in the door? i have noticed that mine are.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Odd. I'm not sure what is an issue there and what isn't, but something does seem amiss, at least a little.

The turn signal clicker did change for '09, at least as far as the digital sound programmed into the audio system for it to make--it's now a clack-clack vs. the quieter blink-blink before. Both years signal sound operates in the same way, over the audio system, it's just which audio file they decided to load. Regardless, there may be a faint change with certain audio adjustments, but really it shouldn't be noticeable.

As for the wipers, I *think* that when it's sitting not on but with the accessory power working, the wipers only running in Low is an intentional function. Basically, if you're sitting waiting for someone in the rain and want some swipes, there you go...but you don't need them running any faster. They should still have turned off correctly, regardless of running speed--again, I think correct.

With the security light, there you may have an issue especially as Onstar noted. It possibly could be a battery issue--just a random guess--as there have been a handful of issues with this and other new GM vehicles where warning lights could come on, some things may not function, the vehicle may or may not run, etc. thanks to a power draw problem that juiced the battery. Again, just a guess, but if it was running fine, it can't be too big of a problem.

Then, with the lock cylinders, funny you mention it...just noticed the same thing at least on my driver's door one alone. I think possibly at least one may be the same way on our '08, but I'm not sure. Weird. Maybe a plastic defect on the lock plunger itself or, as it looks, something scraping when it moves.

Otherwise...hope you enjoy the car. These things don't all sound like problems, just oddities.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Isn't the '08 the same kinda? I don't mean the noise but the speakers? I've noticed that while I've had my hazard directionals on (Unbuckled because I was driving slow looking for my dog.. in the pitch black dark).. the "blink-blink" noise muted while the seat-belt reminder turned on..... where does the sound from the "blink-blink" come from anyway? I've always wondered that haha

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yeah i noticed that the sound does stop when adjusting the radio presets on the steering wheel... guess my bu cant handle two things at once... I also had to have the drivers door speaker replaced. This is the speaker the warning chimes come from... My chime stopped working, they replaced the speaker.

i as well notice the scratches viewed from outside on the door lock plunger... works fine but cheap plastic doesnt earn gm quality points in my book...

As i have said in other threads, I LOVE the look of my bu, however have had soo many small failures/problems and have had the car in to the shop so many times, that it really turns me off to gm. This is my first gm and prob my last. Its back to imports for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.