Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My LED light in the drivers door quit working. The overhead and passenger door ones still work though. I dont know what caused this already???
The other issue that I have noticed and is damn anoying is that the speedometer is off center in the dash...its driving me nuts...bummer!

·
Registered
749 Posts
All warranty issues ;)

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Yes, all warranty issues, except for that off center speedometer bugging you;)

Wondering...how old (i.e. as far as build date/sat on the lot) is your car? Really should have no bearing given how new these cars are in the first place, but curious with the not working lights. Similarly, what plant did it come out of?

·
Registered
749 Posts
Speedo is still a warranty issue ;)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought it would be a warranty issue but I have not been to the dealer recently. I was worried/wonding how far they would have to break down my dash to fix such a minor issue. As for build date and plant...I'll have to get back to you. I have not looked, although after reading so many different threads it would probably be a good idea to educate myself on that aspect of my vehicle.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, all warranty issues, except for that off center speedometer bugging you;)

Wondering...how old (i.e. as far as build date/sat on the lot) is your car? Really should have no bearing given how new these cars are in the first place, but curious with the not working lights. Similarly, what plant did it come out of?

I purchased the vehicle in June 08. The build date is 05/08. Where do you find the build location? Is it on the window sticker? If so I'll have to go and dig it out.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
I purchased the vehicle in June 08. The build date is 05/08. Where do you find the build location? Is it on the window sticker? If so I'll have to go and dig it out.
The window sticker said it, you have a sticker on the inside edge of your driver's door and the vin number also tells you via the 11th digit:

Fairfax, Kansas: "F"
Orion, Michigan: "4"

Here was a thread I started that you should post in as well, once you find out...it's been interesting:

http://www.chevymalibuforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=808&highlight=orion

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
My LED light in the drivers door quit working. The overhead and passenger door ones still work though. I dont know what caused this already???
The other issue that I have noticed and is damn anoying is that the speedometer is off center in the dash...its driving me nuts...bummer!
You mean the actual placement in the cluster? Hm, I never noticed that, will take a look next time.

You're not leaning on the side a little, are you? I noticed that I tend to do that when I get tired on long drives.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You mean the actual placement in the cluster? Hm, I never noticed that, will take a look next time.

You're not leaning on the side a little, are you? I noticed that I tend to do that when I get tired on long drives.
Yes...the speedometer is moved off to the left in the center cluster by about a 1/4 inch. I don't know how much work it will take the dealer to fix that.

I don't think that I am leaning to the side...but I had friend that we always joked with for doing everything at a 45 degree angle...including driving. :D

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Yes...the speedometer is moved off to the left in the center cluster by about a 1/4 inch. I don't know how much work it will take the dealer to fix that.

I don't think that I am leaning to the side...but I had friend that we always joked with for doing everything at a 45 degree angle...including driving. :D
I stared at mine extensively yesterday, it's perfect. Kinda hard to imagine how they'd screw up like that :eek:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I stared at mine extensively yesterday, it's perfect. Kinda hard to imagine how they'd screw up like that :eek:
Thats what I thought! It is kind of a pain to look at...but I really dont want the dealer to tear down the whole dash to get to the speedo, for fears of future rattling or fit and finish issues. As of right now I have not had any other interior problems other than the speedo and the LED light. I'm going in next week so I'll see what they say.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, I went to the dealer and they ordered the part for the LED light (warranty). The speedo was a different issue. I told the dealer that I wanted them to look at it to see how much work it would take to break down the dash. Well...the service manager called me back and told me that the tech looked at it and then compared it to another vehicle and said that it looks fine. I told the service manager that the tech is blind because the service rep and the body shop manager both noticed the alignment issue. He said that they still didn't see a problem so I asked him what it would take to fix it anyways and he said "A hell of a lot." What ever that means...regardless, I am getting the LED fixed and not going to worry about the speedometer...at least from this dealership.

·
Registered
45 Posts
That s bummer, sorry to hear about that. I know how fustrating it can be to deal with idiots at dealerships. I hope you get the problem resolved soon, i know that would bug the hell outta me. I'm thankful i've had zero problems with my 08. :D

·
Registered
237 Posts
Nighthawk....Try taking a close-up picture of your Speed-O, then a picture of one that's right._Do a side-by-side paste-up of the two together.Print it and show it to the Jag-off.....If you can't do the paste-up yourself, post them here and I'll put them together for you.___I'm steamin' on this one!:mad:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Nighthawk...Thinking about it, I think your concern that having your dash taken apart to correct the angle of your speedo might do more harm then good, may be valid. Still, if you would like to try the paste-up picture comparison, I'd still be glad to help.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I try and get a good picture posted...soon. Thanks

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.