Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to a local dealer yesterday to look at a wide array of Malibus, but I just can't decide on color. The problem is, I am a bright color kind of person. My current Grand Prix is fusion orange metallic and my previous Grand Am was a bright sport red. For the most part, the colors offered on the Malibu are subtle, classy colors that typically adorn luxury cars. Which I'm sure was GM's goal here. I finally got to see the red jewel color in person yesterday, and while it is a nice color, it just doesn't grab my fancy for sportiness. I find it strange that the Malibu is not offered in sport red, since an Impala is available in that color. Ironically the color my wife liked the most out of them was the bronze metallic.

I wonder if Chevy will tweak the color palette for 09? When I bought my Grand Prix, it was not offered in bright red initially (only the maroon red), so I went with the FOM. The next year Pontiac dropped the orange and added the bright red.

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
I finally got to see the red jewel color in person yesterday, and while it is a nice color, it just doesn't grab my fancy for sportiness.
I'm not trying to persuade you Boo, but the sportiness of the red is what sold my wife. After seeing it on an Impala, nothing else would do. The gold metal flake really comes through when clean on a sunny day. Now remember, my wife turns 60 this summer, so I'm sure it takes a lot less for us to classify a color as sporty. Hell, I still wear sandals with sox! :eek: Just kidding. ;)

Don't settle for anything less than your own satisfaction, luckily for me my wife loved the red.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I went to a local dealer yesterday to look at a wide array of Malibus, but I just can't decide on color. The problem is, I am a bright color kind of person. My current Grand Prix is fusion orange metallic and my previous Grand Am was a bright sport red. For the most part, the colors offered on the Malibu are subtle, classy colors that typically adorn luxury cars. Which I'm sure was GM's goal here. I finally got to see the red jewel color in person yesterday, and while it is a nice color, it just doesn't grab my fancy for sportiness. I find it strange that the Malibu is not offered in sport red, since an Impala is available in that color. Ironically the color my wife liked the most out of them was the bronze metallic.

I wonder if Chevy will tweak the color palette for 09? When I bought my Grand Prix, it was not offered in bright red initially (only the maroon red), so I went with the FOM. The next year Pontiac dropped the orange and added the bright red.
Pick any color, drive it out to Iowa, and I'll fix you up with a couple rattle cans of bright red.:D

·
Registered
112 Posts
My wife told me I'll need to get my ear pierced to go with the Dark Grey 2LT I ordered. How about that for sporty.

·
Registered
795 Posts
. The problem is, I am a bright color kind of person. My current Grand Prix is fusion orange metallic and my previous Grand Am was a bright sport red. the bright red.
My wife's Grand Prix was a bright sport red and we had two motorcycles the same color. I can understand you wanting that color.
That red jewel sure is nice though.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not trying to persuade you Boo, but the sportiness of the red is what sold my wife. After seeing it on an Impala, nothing else would do. The gold metal flake really comes through when clean on a sunny day. Now remember, my wife turns 60 this summer, so I'm sure it takes a lot less for us to classify a color as sporty. Hell, I still wear sandals with sox! :eek: Just kidding. ;)

Don't settle for anything less than your own satisfaction, luckily for me my wife loved the red.
Well, I'll have to give it a second chance. When we went to the dealer it was very late in the day and the sun was going down, and I'm sure the cars weren't the cleanest either.

I'd try black but I already have a black truck and my wife says we can't have two vehicles of the same color in the driveway. :p

·
Registered
795 Posts
. When we went to the dealer it was very late in the day and the sun was going down, and I'm sure the cars weren't the cleanest either.
We had the same problem. When we went to look at colors it usually was cloudy, or late in the day or the cars were dusty.

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
Well, I'll have to give it a second chance. When we went to the dealer it was very late in the day and the sun was going down, and I'm sure the cars weren't the cleanest either.

I'd try black but I already have a black truck and my wife says we can't have two vehicles of the same color in the driveway. :p
Here's a thought. If you like I can make my Malibu available to you at almost anytime. You can come to my place or I to yours, besides I need to see Brandow Chevy anyway to order the mudguards. You call it, no pressure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My wife and I picked up our car Monday, we love it. The color we went with was silver and the car looks very sharp. I know this is a popular car color, but it does look great on our Malibu. My wife did want the dark gray, but the dealer did not have a car in this color, so I was not sure what it would look like. I think this car looks great in any color.

·
Registered
795 Posts
My wife and I picked up our car Monday, we love it. The color we went with was silver and the car looks very sharp. I know this is a popular car color, but it does look great on our Malibu. My wife did want the dark gray, but the dealer did not have a car in this color, so I was not sure what it would look like. I think this car looks great in any color.
What trim level and interior color did you get?

BTW, welcome to the site.

·
Registered
795 Posts

Picking the color can be the hardest option to decide on.

·
Registered
795 Posts
You said it - Lee. I'm embarrassed to say how many times I went to the dealer. Ultimately, I went with the color I first feel in love with.
I won't tell you how many miles we drove looking at colors :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
For the inside of the car we went with the ebony looks very nice. The tan that the dealer had on the lot looked to light and did not match the outside color. We waited a few days extra to find the silver with the ebony worked out well.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.