Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems the football game I am watching is targeted for an ad blitz by the shadowy groups behind Unleaded 88 (UNL88). They don't like the stigma behind ethanol so they avoid the E15 branding.

They claim it has "higher octane for more performance", "keeps your engine cleaner", is "better for the environment", and a "better value". "Everyone's picking Unleaded 88". (Some engines recommend or require 91 or 93 octane so obviously "everyone" isn't picking it as the ad proclaims).

I checked prices near me as I have never seen it at a station. One station, Anew brand, has it for 2.62. Regular at the same station is 2.55. Mobil and Exxon are running 2.57. I am missing the value but sensing the gunk and reduced economy.

I have been thinking it might be a good idea to move base regular to 88 or 89 considering all the tiny turbos but this is not the way I had in mind. How long before UNL88/E15 replaces 87/E10?

·
Administrator
17,295 Posts
If I could find Chevron in my area (they left over 5 years ago and not likely to return), or any "pure" fuel without any ethanol or MTBE, I'd frequent that station and let the owners know why I'm there and encourage them to keep supply real gas instead of the adulterated stuff.

I haven't seen any ads for UNL88, but every now and then I see a promotion for ethanol and how it's better all around. They forget to mention that you get less mileage on it, that the price per mile is greater, and that it is a lot more corrosive than gasoline.

But who am I?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts