Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I know my bu isn't an 08 and your cars are insanely nice here but I thought I would give you an update on my good old 1997 Malibu. The car is great and still running strong, actually stronger now then is was before because I recently had a Leaky LIM gasket and had to take the top end of the engine off to get to it so in the process of doing that I got my injectors cleaned and put on a bigger throttle body from a 3400 engine. So much more power now, so when your cars get old like mine and they are getting sluggish I highly recommend getting the fuel injectors cleaned. Other then that I painted the engine blue and then did a few things to the outside. I added SS style stripping like on the old chevelles and added hood scoops they are not molded in but they are fully functional. Trust me if I had the money they would be molded in but I just don't have the cash. So heres some pictures of my pride and joy and I now some of you will probably not like it but to each his own.

Reactions: TripZip

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THanks, well the the bugsheild is hiding some boo boos and the scoops are covering two holes in the hood. LOL!

·
Registered
701 Posts
NJMalibuman.....Nice....Hey didn't realize it had 3.1 in it. My 99 GP SE had the 3.1 also....Not a high HP engine but she does pull when you need it to!

I like it, it is very personalized, and you can tell you take care of it. Sure something's are my cup of tea....But I am more of a respect and pride guy.....If it looks like you take care of it like it is your baby....than I am like it!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you DOA, yup it sure is personalized, and yes I take great care of it. Its like my baby LOL! The 3.1 engine is a pretty pottent little engine. Mine has 155hp stock but I'm guestimating that I probably have around 190HP now I'm not real sure though so don't hold me to it, but its does have alot more power then it did when I first got it.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Yeah, they are nice engines....there is not a lot you can do with them....but like you probably have already discovered there are ways to squeeze more out of her....just don't make her cry!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh yeah. They are great engines They have heen know to last well over 200,000 miles. Thats pretty damn good. I think I've squeezed as much power out of it that my budget will alow. I had that the bucks I would get port and polished intakes, headers, custom exhaust system and maybe a small Supercharger of Tubro. Maybe one day.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Pizz man, I think they give the car a more agressive look and the stripes just tie everything in tighter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.