Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed the silver wheel covers to chrome...and boy does it look better

I found em on ebay for a great price and was lucky to jump on it before the price jumped

anyway..heres a before and after pic i took real quick today...i'm very pleased

now i just gotta get a free sunday to do the tint and i will be happy........for a lil while

lemme know what ya think.....see ya

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah - I could have done the tint like 3 times already - but something more important always gets in the way....soon though I hope

thanks for the compliment

·
Registered
781 Posts
Looks good.
Are they LT wheel covers?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the grey/silver ones were covers....and so are these.
not sure if they are lt or what trim they came from...but they are exactly the same minus the chrome like finish, that and the center bowtie is now black along with the lugnuts

thanks for the compliments

·
Registered
420 Posts
That's what I like about the wheels on most of GM's latest cars. Even the standard steel wheel w/covers look like alloys, and at the worst, even decent looking looking alloys. Those chromed covers are sharp! I bet the wheel under the cover is the same shape as the cover? I saw a G6 like that on my local dealer lot not too long ago. Older cars have covers that expose the wheel in the openings.

·
Registered
6 Posts
KDawg, your vehicle looks fantastic in either configuration! :D
I will say that the chromed wheel cover complements the Imperial Blue exterior very nicely.

Incidentally, the 17" silver finish wheel cover in KDawg's top photo is slated to become standard equipment on all 2009 Malibu LSs, including the 4 cylinder.

That's what I like about the wheels on most of GM's latest cars. Even the standard steel wheel w/covers look like alloys, and at the worst, even decent looking looking alloys. Those chromed covers are sharp! I bet the wheel under the cover is the same shape as the cover? I saw a G6 like that on my local dealer lot not too long ago. Older cars have covers that expose the wheel in the openings.
I agree! GM was very judicious in replacing aluminum alloy wheels with Hayes Lemmerz's High Vent Steel wheels in applications like the lower trim level Malibu, among others. As KDawg has demonstrated, they allow for stylistic changes to be applied easily and inexpensively. Plus these wheels look sharp and weigh not much more than an aluminum alloy counterpart (the 16" HV steel wheel in the Malibu, for instance, only weighs 0.3 lb more than the 16" aluminum wheel).

You are correct USA1fan- the wheel itself is the same general shape as the cover.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks everyone - im real happy

and yeah - i was surprised to see the rim beneath was very similar...wouldnt be too bad tweaked a bit by itself haha

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah there's a few sites like that around....but my ebay find trumps em all :D
for the deals out there you cant go wrong...most oem type sites wanted 50 per wheel. i got all 4 for that on tehbay

I found 2 more sets since then for the same price...i bought one more set to resell...since most full sets are going for a lot more...the other went to my buddy with a silver malibu with the same package as mine.

the chrome like finish completely sets off the smooth Bu...i love the change!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Did you get the bow tie emblem with them?

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
20,680 Posts
*coughing, clears throat*

Ahem, the last post is nearly 4 years old. I don't recall seeing any of those members posting here in recent memory. But if you get an answer...

·
Registered
434 Posts
I can't tell you how many people have complimented me on me wheels then are shocked to hear they are only plastic-chrome haha :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
I can't tell you how many people have complimented me on me wheels then are shocked to hear they are only plastic-chrome haha :D

Hey there Tomx20! i also had the plastic-crome factory wheels when i purchased my 2010 Chevy Malibu...but they were badly scraped up when i purchased my car...so i decided to get 17 inch Chrome Rims...i got them for only $620 out the door and i like them alot better than the factory platsic-chrome wheel covers that came with my car

Attachments

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Hey there Tomx20! i also had the plastic-crome factory wheels when i purchased my 2010 Chevy Malibu...but they were badly scraped up when i purchased my car...so i decided to get 17 inch Chrome Rims...i got them for only $620 out the door and i like them alot better than the factory platsic-chrome wheel covers that came with my car
Those are nice!! Not too "blingy" but a nice touch for aftermarket.

Did you stick with 17's in an effort to not have to replace the stock tires?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.