Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am upgrading my 2016 Chevy Malibu Limited LTZ Sound System. The car does not have the premium Bose or Pioneer sound system. I have 2-Tweaters, 2-Front Door Speakers, 2-Rear Door Speakers. There are no rear deck 6x9's in car. The car does have the touch screen head unit and I want to keep it. Where is the factory amp, or is there a factory amp at all in this car? I would like to find out where the amp is and if it is sending a low level or high level signal to the door speakers. I guess I will tap into my rear door speakers for signal to my WaveTech Link 4 LOC then go from there to my Kicker amps then subs. Any suggestions or advise would be greatly appreciated.-Semper Fi

·
Registered
2013 Malibu LTZ 2LZ 2.0T
18 Posts
On my 2013 I have the Pioneer 9 speaker system and the amp is mounted in the trunk between the speakers.

·
Registered
2016 limited LTZ 2.5
6 Posts
I am upgrading my 2016 Chevy Malibu Limited LTZ Sound System. The car does not have the premium Bose or Pioneer sound system. I have 2-Tweaters, 2-Front Door Speakers, 2-Rear Door Speakers. There are no rear deck 6x9's in car. The car does have the touch screen head unit and I want to keep it. Where is the factory amp, or is there a factory amp at all in this car? I would like to find out where the amp is and if it is sending a low level or high level signal to the door speakers. I guess I will tap into my rear door speakers for signal to my WaveTech Link 4 LOC then go from there to my Kicker amps then subs. Any suggestions or advise would be greatly appreciated.-Semper Fi
was just curious. How come you don’t want to upgrade the head unit? I have the same Malibu as you and the head unit absolutely pisses me off. It’s wireless is blah there’s no CarPlay which is deff needed and no ability for anything else, cameras nothing!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts