Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum. Just picked up my 09' black on black LTZ last night.

I took several for test drives over the last week and noticed something strange.

All were the same trim package, and options....however some (the one i bought included) has a USB port in addition to the AUX plug on the radio...

Anyone else have one of these? I only saw it on a couple of the 30-40 on the lot.

Im wondering it i can use a standard ipod cable to link up and have full control of the ipod...

anyone have any info on this?

thanks

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
New to the forum. Just picked up my 09' black on black LTZ last night.

I took several for test drives over the last week and noticed something strange.

All were the same trim package, and options....however some (the one i bought included) has a USB port in addition to the AUX plug on the radio...

Anyone else have one of these? I only saw it on a couple of the 30-40 on the lot.

Im wondering it i can use a standard ipod cable to link up and have full control of the ipod...

anyone have any info on this?

thanks
I bet it's only to play files from a usb drive.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I have an '09 that was built in March of '09. I do not have a USB port on mine, unless I'm totally retarded and blind. You're lucky. I wish I had the USB hookup.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I figure at the very least, i can use it to hook my Ipod up to it, even if i have no steering wheel control...should still be far better sound quality than the analog AUX port...

I just found my old Ipod, so Ill give it try when i get off work.

I will post my findings.

·
Registered
749 Posts
USB is about time.. although it won't look as clean, it'd be way easier than making CDs

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
definitely not as clean, but a whole lot easier...

Does anyone else find this car lacking in the power plug department?

lame position of the one in the front dash, and then the only other one is in the back....

I cant even put my Ipod dock in when its in park....lame lame lame...

·
Registered
569 Posts
From my understanding they were doing away with the 6disc upgraded radio and its a single disc /w USB.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Does anyone have some pictures of the unit with a USB port? Thanks

·
Registered
489 Posts
I wonder how much it would cost to buy a unit from a '10 model and swap out.

·
Registered
39 Posts
My recently purchased ltz has the usb port as well. I hooked up my sons ipod video to it, the radio is able to control the ipod completely. It is great - just wish the usb port was hidden in a compartment like the Fusion.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My recently purchased ltz has the usb port as well. I hooked up my sons ipod video to it, the radio is able to control the ipod completely. It is great - just wish the usb port was hidden in a compartment like the Fusion.
If its go USB in the radio, i would be willing to bet, you could easily pull the radio, and with an extension cable, reroute it somewhere else.

Perhaps even put a multiport adapter and keep the original functioning, as well as an additional one in the glove box or underarm council...

·
Registered
97 Posts
They had to replace the radio in my LTZ last month and I asked them to please put one in with the USB port and they would not do it... I don't think it requires any different wiring; it's just a radio upgrade.

I kept looking of the USB port on mine when I saw in the manual where it talked about it worked...of course, mine did not have it...

·
Registered
438 Posts
I have a 2009 2LT with the regular radio. I would be very interested in upgrading to the USB radio if it's possible. Definitely something to watch.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Well this sucks butt. You can buy the Ipod interface for $200 and then get it installed or just buy a late year model 09!! Ours doesnt have it and we really wish it did.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.