Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those that don't know, (I'm sure this has been posted here before.), you can purchase almost any part for your year, make, and model from RockAuto.com. Specifically for Chevy, use this link, select your year, and then the model:
CHEVROLET Parts | RockAuto

Just for quick reference
2008 CHEVROLET MALIBU Parts | RockAuto

2009 CHEVROLET MALIBU Parts | RockAuto

2010 CHEVROLET MALIBU Parts | RockAuto

2011 CHEVROLET MALIBU Parts | RockAuto

2012 CHEVROLET MALIBU Parts | RockAuto

Obviously, there are generic parts you can purchase or even go cheaper with parts from a salvage year. Some parts, it won't matter since they are cheap enough anyway... can save you some gas and a trip. At the very least, it'll get you part numbers. Enjoy.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Purchased a cam position sensor from them. Took like 3 days to get it but it was 15.00 cheaper.

thanks
pat

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Bought an AC Delco fuel pump from them last year for my 02 GMC Sierra truck. Dealer wanted $360 plus tax, Amazon wanted $157 plus shipping, Rock Auto wanted $149.92 which including 2 day shipping.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Priced out GM part numbers with rock auto prices. Rock auto is a bit more then the GM direct. Tough to find these cars in local salvage yards but slowly there coming.

thanks
pat

·
Registered
191 Posts
RockAuto is great and all but it has one huge monumental flaw. If your car needs to be repaired ASAP then you may not want to sit on your backside and wait for your part to be shipped to you. AutoZone, NAPA, o'Rileys, or another local parts retailer will usually have most common parts on hand.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
If I need parts right away then Advance Auto Parts is my go to. You can always find a code for 20-30 and even 40% off online. Order your stuff online, check out with the code then pick it up at the local store.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Purchased a pass door speaker and the battery cover box. It took a couple of days but they were here. Ordered from GM PARTS DIRECT and never got a confirmation when they would be shipping. Ordered the same parts a week prior from gm parts direct and i got my parts and there original GM from rock auto faster!! Looks like if i cant go thru GM ill go thru rockauto.

thanks
pat

p.s. or just go thru the local GM dealership parts dept.

·
Registered
688 Posts
If I need parts right away then Advance Auto Parts is my go to. You can always find a code for 20-30 and even 40% off online. Order your stuff online, check out with the code then pick it up at the local store.
I'f I'm going to the store I prefer O'Reilly, then Autozone, and Advance is a last resort, even though they are closer to my house. Pretty much without fail, I get the wrong part from Advance and have to take it back.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
That's why I shop for the parts online, order them online then go to Advance and pick them up. No need to worry about someone looking up and giving you the wrong parts. Only problem I have had is sometimes they show something in stock but when I get to the store they don't have it. Only happened twice though so not a huge deal.
I rarely go to Autozone they are more expensive and seem to be a ricer store, well around here anyways.
Oreilly is ok but they are farther from me and more expensive than Advance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
nutcrunch
Chevrolet Malibu Forums
Chevy Malibu Forum is the best place for owners of the sedan to connect with the community and discuss MPG, mods, and more. Join now!
Full Forum Listing