Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some help with my 2014 2.0T. Currently at 93k miles and I'm planning to replace my valve cover gasket along with the rest of the cover seals this weekend. I already have all the parts. I'm the process of planning it out and I only have on concern that I couldn't find anywhere and that's the coolant pipe that's on top of the valve cover.

I marked it in red in the picture. My initial thought is to just disconnect it right from the two spots I have marked in blue and once everything is off that portion of the pipe will just come off along with the valve cover. I didn't want to take the pipe out separately. When searching the part number I do see a O-ring on the part that goes down into the valve cover. I just prefer not to remove it because I don't know how fragile it is.

I included both pictures.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Any thoughts or suggestions?

I just did a whole valve cover to replace the PCV with the updated version, gaskets were leaking, etc. A new cover is $175 and its fully equipped with everything attached to it by the way.

I made a little video, hopefully its helpful to anyone that needs to do this job. I didn't think to do it while I was doing the work, but I just did a quick overview afterwards. Total process was less than 2 hours with me putzing around and taking my time.

Rectangle Font Auto part Circle Illustration

1 - 2 of 2 Posts