Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm really hoping someone out there might be able to help me out because I'm really getting aggravated with my bu. I have an 09 2LT 4 cyc and get a creaking noise coming from the drivers side A-pillar area when accelerating from a stop. It sounds like a joint creaking or flexing. The dealer always says they cant hear it even when they are riding with me and my wife can hear it while sitting in the back seat. Anyways they tried replacing the drivers side strut mount bearing but it didnt help. I'm almost ready to trade it in but it only has 1200 miles on it. If anyone else has this problem and has been able to correct it please let me know.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I havent heard it under straight acceleration but mine does creak as I enter a driveway at an angle which makes the body flex. There's alot of stress at these pillar areas. Just another thing to deal with that should have been detected in R & D.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks to everyone who responded, I tried two dealers who both treated me terribly and traded the car for another make. Take care chevy malibu forum!

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Thanks to everyone who responded, I tried two dealers who both treated me terribly and traded the car for another make. Take care chevy malibu forum!
Really? That's too bad, but what did you get?

This is a great car, but with things--even just noises--that are there but without resolve, it gets old quickly. Especially when it's a new car that you're paying for, in one aspect to avoid doing anything more than an oil change.

Regardless, hope whatever you got serves you well and best of luck;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Traded if for an 09 Honda Fit Sport W/navi. It doesnt have the style the malibu had, but so far it runs like a champ and I have to say the dealership actually has nice service advisors, didnt know it was possible!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HaHA real funny, I really hope none of you have to go through the same problems. I work in retail and have never experienced such poor customer service and really don't understand how they didnt get themselves in all these problem earlier. More than half the forums on here are about all the problems people are having and having to scour the web to find TSB numbers because the dealers either are smart enough or don't care enough to care of the people they are being paid to. I dealt with two different dealers. The first shop manager claimed he couldnt hear anything, and later found out he tuned drag engines as a hobby, surprise surprise. The techs could hear it but shrugged their shoulders and said there really wasnt anything they could do about it. Quality. The second shop hung up on my wife who was calling to see if the parts they had ordered two weeks ago had come in. Honestly they should be ashamed of their behavior.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I saw one of my friends driveing a brand new honduuhhh civic one day i was like WTH dude a honda? he told me this little story
he went the the Chevy Stealership to get a new Malibu/impala ( he hadent decided yet) well he walked abround for 30 min and nobody asked if he needed any help. finaly he went up to a sales guy who was taking a smoke break and asked if they had anymore Bu's or impala's he pointed to the back of the lot and said we might have some back there, turned around and walked back in. needless to say he was fed up after waiting that long and recieving no help
so he went to the honda dealership and they were on him like white on rice, like stink on ^&*(, you get the point.... well because he was so impressed with the help he recieved he bought a car from the Honda dealership( he would have rather had a malibu in hindsight) but its al because of the service he DIDENT recieve at the chevy dealership.....and the service he DID recieve at the honda one

·
Registered
569 Posts
I think I've purchased about every common make and model and Honda dealerships have always been the nicest and most willing to help..

my Chevy experiences have been good as well even in the service departments .

I think the worse is the local dodge dealership

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi all, I'm really hoping someone out there might be able to help me out because I'm really getting aggravated with my bu. I have an 09 2LT 4 cyc and get a creaking noise coming from the drivers side A-pillar area when accelerating from a stop. It sounds like a joint creaking or flexing. The dealer always says they cant hear it even when they are riding with me and my wife can hear it while sitting in the back seat. Anyways they tried replacing the drivers side strut mount bearing but it didnt help. I'm almost ready to trade it in but it only has 1200 miles on it. If anyone else has this problem and has been able to correct it please let me know.

I have the exact same issue with my 09 lt. Darn creaking noise.
I only have 300 miles on my malibu. I am going to take it to the dealer and see what they say soon. Anyone else experiencing this?

Mike

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have never been to any dealership where I wasn't practically meet at the car. I just can't believe that someone would have that kind of trouble especially in the last two years.

As for the guy that traded in his new car because it made a noise. Even if the dealership guys were asses why would you take a such a huge financial hit over a noise? In my experience (and I've had a couple) a stubborn service department can be brought around with a face to face with the sales or general manager or both. Why would you "give up" so easy? Did you try and firgure it out yourself? Not to defend the dealership but someone coming in saying I hear a noise has to be one of hardest problems to diagnose. It's probably the hardest fix as far as satisfying the customer too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.