Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Certainly not a bad guy and I like him, just faced with a nasty situation that's been going on for a while.

That said, I certainly understand the idea of "fresh" leadership, but when you're right in the middle of the worst time, it's debatable to also throw in someone else in just because. But, more importantly, as Wagoneer said to congress in reply, his job is up to the board of directors and there's no boot kick from them. Well, relatively, depending on the loan stipulations.

·
Registered
202 Posts
If Wagoner leaves, so should the union. If the taxpayers are bailing out the big 3, they need to restructure their pay and benefits scales to match Toyota and Honda.

Take a pay cut to $20 an hour or go work at WalMart for $9.50.

BTW, I still think $20 an hour to put lug nuts on car is too much. my cousin works for AM General making good money. Her job is to put transmission fluid in......

·
Registered
112 Posts
he needs to go and so does the entire board. any board that would give a bonus and payraise to someone losing market share and and going in the black should go too. he had 8 yrs far too long .

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
he needs to go and so does the entire board. any board that would give a bonus and payraise to someone losing market share and and going in the black should go too. he had 8 yrs far too long .
The problem is, all that blame can't just fall on one guy even if, by title, he's "in charge". He directs but isn't responsible or able to control everything, and, as has been said he's actually been one of the best leaders GM has had, whether or not you think that means much.

Again, cleaning house can be a good change (oy, I hate that word after the other big thing in this country...), but not necessarily in the middle of such a debacle where you need to know the business past & present.

·
Registered
171 Posts
He needs to go along with the board and new blood needs to replace them all. Like it or not if drastic measures are not taken no one will take any of the seriously.

·
Registered
112 Posts
so we bail out companies who move the jobs out of the usa. look at a bill of lading on a new gm it will say parts made in north america not usa. deception. have they asked canada to help for the plants in canada what about mexico. usa tax dollars should not be used to supplement foreign jobs. ford is going to put he festiva plant in mexico next year then let mexico bail them out percentage wise. as for wagner he has been their like 8 yrs and each yr it has gotten worse and now he wants to keep his job even though he presented no viable plan to bring it out of caos. nope he should go with no bonuses either. i think anyone here could have losts as much for far less. if you owned a company and your manager or foreman ran it almost in bankruptcy would you put more money in the business and retain him........ he gets rid of olsmobile the founding company of gm and keeps saturn makes no sense. he has an elec car that he touts for under 20K now it is approaching 40K. there is a very limited market for a 40K elec car. seems we have tread this road before gm with ev.... perhaps yugo can buy them out now...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.