Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Warning – Cut Hazard When Washing.

I did a quick was for my 09 Malibu yesterday. Just under the rocker panel behind the driver’s side wheel (where the splash guard would be if I had any), I cut my finger. The cut wasn’t too deep, but S.O.B., I have never cut myself on a car in that area before. When I get a chance, will take a closer look to see what it was.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 09 2LT and there's nothing sharp enough in that area to cut a finger.
I would like to modify my previous response as follows: I washed my o9 yesterday and noticed sharp pointy edges on the bottom of each each rocker panel located about 12" inches back from where the front wheel well meets the rocker panel. The edges are definitely sharp enough to cut a finger, if one is not aware of their presence.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took a closer look, there is a bevel in the plastic underskirt near the front side, the same for the other side of the car, not sure what purpose it holds, not super sharp, but if you are moving your hand fast enough, will cut for sure.

Going off topic, discovered something new today. I never understood why the speedometer didn’t show both MPH, and KPH; the manual states that it shows both. The display options can be changed display metric and imperial, I figured that it would only show the mileage change, but when I tired it today, the speedometer then showed MPH, that is so cool. What a neat feature; an idea I never would have dreamed of in a million years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.