Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the last month or so all the warning lights flash at random times. There are times when the whole dash goes black. I have had the starter and battery checked and they are both good. Anyone had similar situations? Anh ideas?

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
17,852 Posts
Please read this post and provide more information.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In the last month or so all the warning lights flash at random times. There are times when the whole dash goes black. I have had the starter and battery checked and they are both good. Anyone had similar situations? Anh ideas?

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
17,852 Posts
You still haven't told us about your car. If you read that post, you'll understand why you were asked. Please provide the info.

·
Super Moderator
2017 SS Sedan 6.2L
4,921 Posts
We need to know what fault codes are stored in the computer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
For my 2013 Malibu Eco it was the battery. Once the dealer replaced with a new one I have not had any other problems. Mine, all the warning lights and warning messages were coming on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have one of those Fixd sensor things. The only code it is giving is P2097 but I'm pretty sure that can not be all there is. It's gotten so the dash will not work for long periods of time. I can't tell how fast I'm going or anything. The battery has been checked and is good.

·
Super Moderator
2017 SS Sedan 6.2L
4,921 Posts
P2097 can be a sign you have carbon build up, which is a common issue for direct injection engines like yours. Other than that, you have some sort of electrical gremlins going on. You could examine your BCM and try reseating the main connectors.

·
Elite Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,439 Posts
Dash going totally black seems more electrical especially if there are tons of codes. If P2097 is indeed the only code there is a bulletin specific to 2013 2.5L and P2097. There are a few things to check depending on the freeze frame data but intake bolts/leak is a simple check. Others have reported loose intake bolts on the 2.5. Beyond that, "battery checked and good" doesn't mean much. If it is more than 5 years old replacement is simple maintenance especially when other owners have reported the same behavior and replacing an old but "good" battery as the resolution.

·
Premium Member
1,079 Posts
do the Gen 8 Malibus suffer from clogged sun roof drains???...some vehicles with sun roofs and clogged drains dump some of the undrained water into the area behind the dash board...don't know what level package the OP has but thought I'd add this if it is helpful

Bill

·
Premium Member
1,498 Posts
Every vehicle with a sunroof / moonroof is susceptible to a plugged drain.
OP needs B and U codes scanned to see what if any are present. P codes will not show CAN issues in the dash.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts