Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So anyways, I was just notified my Bumper-to-bumper Warranty would be defunct as of October 13th. Two things:

1. Is it worth the money? This thing is very well built and I doubt I'll have any problems with it before I decide to part with it. If they're readily able to jump on and give me a better warranty with no complaints and a bit of money, I doubt that anything will happen that will equal that much money (Otherwise they'd lose money, and I know GM isn't that stupid). So I don't see a point in it.

2. Why does it have to be on a Monday? I hate Mondays...

I do have another question for you guys:

Do you guys know if the powertrain warranty is transferable between users?

·
Registered
781 Posts
If you own a 08, your warranty is not almost up. The bumper to bumper is good for 3 years and 36,000 miles. The power-train is good for 5 years and 100,000 miles. Your warranty will transfer to the next owner.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No....mine is saying that warranty is running out. I just got a letter and everything. I was also told when I received the vehicle that I had to purchase the warranty else it would expire.

I just recently received a letter in the mail from GM warning me of the "dangers of unexpected repairs."

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Are you sure it isn't just a con letter sent out by a warranty company? They send those out all the time, even if your car is barely months old...we've actually gotten letters with the exact SAME wording for various new vehicles over the years, part of the junk mail.

Unless it's 3 years from the in service date OR you already somehow have 36k miles, your warranty is NOT defunct. Not sure who would tell you that when new, either, other than trying to scam you into buying an extended (not the standard, but an extension) warranty on top of the GM standard.

Something does not seem correct here...

·
Registered
700 Posts
Truitt - I would be giving your dealer a call....to echo what others have said, this doens't make any sense....You warranty should not be running out now.

·
Registered
781 Posts
No....mine is saying that warranty is running out. I just got a letter and everything. I was also told when I received the vehicle that I had to purchase the warranty else it would expire.

I just recently received a letter in the mail from GM warning me of the "dangers of unexpected repairs."
I have received junk mail like that. It is made to look like it is from GM, but is a private company trying to sell extended warranty.

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Truitt, it just can't be.....If I were you I'd call GM and verify. Just don't call any numbers listed on the letter though.

If GM is indeed pulling the coverage I'd say take them to court.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
I have received junk mail like that. It is made to look like it is from GM, but is a private company trying to sell extended warranty.
Exactly. I recently through out a letter with the same wording, from another random company who had a listing of a vehicle we own. Not true, just not true.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Just call the number and tell them to go funk a cracker and shoot them in the earlobe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.