Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a hard time determining whats causing this water leak on my 2015 malibu. I hardly ever use the a/c and when it rains thats when the leak happens. The windshield been replaced twice. Safelite couldn't find anything. The water is coming in from inside the kick panel pillar on passenger side.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
19,766 Posts
If you have a sunroof, check the drain tubes.

If not, check the body-to-roof seam sealer. In older models, a very few reported that there was an issue with the sealant not being spread all the way to the front of the seam. Caution! Peeling off the plastic track cover might damage it enough that you'll have to replace it or maybe glue it down when you're done.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having a hard time determining whats causing this water leak on my 2015 malibu. I hardly ever use the a/c and when it rains thats when the leak happens. The windshield been replaced twice. Safelite couldn't find anything. The water is coming in from inside the kick panel pillar on passenger side. View attachment 68685
where do you find this cause I’m having the same problem an dnt wanna waste money for ppl to tell me what it could be an it’s not.

·
Premium Member
2,527 Posts
Sunroof drains being plugged or disconnected have been a issue with them in every make of car since they started putting them in cars. Not everyone has a problem but the drains are a common issue.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
19,766 Posts
Sunroof, not sun room.

You have a seam along each side of the car where it meets the roof. There's a piece of plastic covering it. A few have reported that the sealant failed just enough to allow water intrusion.

where do you find this cause I’m having the same problem an dnt wanna waste money for ppl to tell me what it could be an it’s not.
Unfortunately, we don't know as much about your car as you do, and we can only suggest things to look into. You will have to do the investigation, which takes time, effort, and sometimes money, and it may not reveal the issue.

If I knew what was wrong every time a person asked me, I'd be in business selling the information. But I'm not a prophet and neither is anyone else here. You'll just have to accept our input and then make your own life choices.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts