Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that the front end of the Malibu is plastic, and that's cool with me. BUT, does anyone else notice a wave (almost dent like) or indentation on the thin strip of plastic on the front between the uppermost grill and the hood line. I can notice it on both sides in bright light when looking at it from the side.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Yes, I can see a small wave or dimple in that area.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is this something that I should complain about or am I being to anal retentive? It just seems to me that this is a fit and finish issue that shouldn't exist. If it can't be smooth, why make it? The front end is one of the nicest things about this rig, and seeing those dimples takes away from it. I don't know, what do you think? Are you doing anything about it?

·
Registered
795 Posts
I'm very anal, but I'm going to live with it. I'm guessing it shows more on a dark color. We have Navy, what color is yours.
If you can, stop at a dealer and look at other Malibus. If you can't see it on other ones point it out to the shop.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the red jewel tintcoat, and when I first notice it, I was going to take it back immediately, but one thing leads to another, and I'm kind of letting it slide. I'll probably drive it by the dealer, but I'm really not sure what they can do - I don't want it "repaired" since I don't trust the body shop to make it as good as the original with the "flaw."

It almost seems like it was torqued down too much and that's sucking the plastic in at some points. I guess I'll drive it by and look at a few others to see if they have it, too. For sure we know of two.

Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
512 Posts
The back end of my '07 Malibu has the same sorta thing. I don't think it's anything to be really concerned about. I completely forgot that it was there until this thread popped up.

·
Registered
201 Posts
yes, if you get it in the right light, you can see the impression of the supports(it looks like to me) in areas of the rear bumper. I leased mine, so I can live with these minor imperfections for the price.(Then it s GM s problem after that)

·
Registered
421 Posts
yes, if you get it in the right light, you can see the impression of the supports(it looks like to me) in areas of the rear bumper. I leased mine, so I can live with these minor imperfections for the price.(Then it s GM s problem after that)
My father was the one pointed those out on mine too. They don't bother me though. I've seen worse on other vehicles (GM and non).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.