Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had an issue with the Weathertech liners fitting the drivers side front of an 09? My 09 has two clips that hold the GM carpeted mats down and the Weathertech Liners only have one hole?

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
This seems to be a common thing here now.

My August '08 build 2009 only has the 1 hook, like all the '08s and '07 Auras before that, so I'm starting to think now that we have more and more owners checking in with 2 that it was a rolling model year change. Don't know why as I've never had a mat even move a millimeter with the one hook, but they added another apparently. Thankfully, with 1 hook in my '09, my FloorLiners went right in without a hitch.

WeatherTech has apparently been alerted of the issue, but there haven't been any revisions yet. I would think just giving 2 holes on them all from now on would work, and if you have it you have it and if not, no biggie. We shall see. Whoever runs into this issue should call WeatherTech, regardless, and help speed up research and/or a fix into the issue.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'm confused as to why Weather Tech didnt make the slots deeper so water an slush won't pool on top of the mat.

Look near the accelerator, it's just flat. Now, you might say it is safer to not have grooved rubber in that area but Ive used heavy duty rubber mats with deep grooves before without no issues.

I drive distances everyday wearing dress shoes and am in and out quite a bit. The deep grooves keep my feet drier and pants cleaner because they don't get into the wet areas.

Yes, Weather Tech mats will keep your car carpet dry and clean but I think they could have designed them better especially for people that drive in snow and slush on a daily basis.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have an 09 2LT built in sept 08 and have 2 hooks, I just called weathertech and they dont currently have a 2 hook unit in production

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
I have an 09 2LT built in sept 08 and have 2 hooks, I just called weathertech and they dont currently have a 2 hook unit in production
Good to know!

I'd like to narrow down a time/plant/etc. of when the 2 hook thing started, but it still seems a bit confusing. Several have it but then those that don't (such as myself) don't seem to have cars from that narrow of a build date timeline, so hmm...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Now when you try and order these for the Malibu, they ask you if you have one or two hooks. Looks like this will take care of any issues. I'm thinking about ordering a set of these. They are pricey though, at $169 for the set of four mats.

Is there any kind of discount to Malibuforums members?

·
Registered
107 Posts
You're a bit too late. There was a Forum Group Buy back in Nov-Dec. 25% discount.
Didn't know if it was still available or not. Thanks for replying.

·
Registered
383 Posts
What are people's thoughts about the weathertech floor mats now they have had thm for a bit. I got michilin matts now, but am looking at getting the weathertech and the trunk liner, but they do cost a pretty penny.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
18,147 Posts
Love 'em. Haven't used any other brand.

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Are these mats comfortable to drive on, given that your heel is on (rubber? hard plastic?) for potentially hours at a time? Also, do they color match these to the interior of the car? I'd settle for nothing less than black if I bought some. Frankly, since my 1LT came with the cheapest floor mats I've ever seen, I upgraded to the LTZ mats. I keep the 1LT mats in the trunk for a day when I need 'em. Say muddy shoes, snow, I sell etc. Seemed to be the most economical move for me at the time given how $$$ the WeatherTech mats are.

I'm confused as to why Weather Tech didnt make the slots deeper so water an slush won't pool on top of the mat.

Look near the accelerator, it's just flat. Now, you might say it is safer to not have grooved rubber in that area but Ive used heavy duty rubber mats with deep grooves before without no issues.

I drive distances everyday wearing dress shoes and am in and out quite a bit. The deep grooves keep my feet drier and pants cleaner because they don't get into the wet areas.

Yes, Weather Tech mats will keep your car carpet dry and clean but I think they could have designed them better especially for people that drive in snow and slush on a daily basis.
I see what you're saying here. I would suggest mashing the gas pedal and sending all the water and muck to the rear of the mat! ;)

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
18,147 Posts
My mats are tan, my carpet is brown, interior colors are brown/tan (ok, officially cocoa/cashmere ;)). They're available in black and a couple other colors as well, but I don't remember what they are. Head to their website and take a look.

They're comfortable for short and long trips. I've had mine for nearly all of the 21K miles I've put on the car and haven't put the carpets back in. Probably won't, either. When I had my '09 the driver's carpet got the heel wear way too quickly. Glad to have the WT's.

And that's how I keep the water away from my pedals, too. ;)

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
My mats are tan, my carpet is brown, interior colors are brown/tan (ok, officially cocoa/cashmere ;)). They're available in black and a couple other colors as well, but I don't remember what they are. Head to their website and take a look.

They're comfortable for short and long trips. I've had mine for nearly all of the 21K miles I've put on the car and haven't put the carpets back in. Probably won't, either. When I had my '09 the driver's carpet got the heel wear way too quickly. Glad to have the WT's.

And that's how I keep the water away from my pedals, too. ;)
Nice, good info to have! So, either I'm on the wrong Weather Tech website or the price has come substantially down from the $169 that was discussed a while ago. $99 isn't bad at all for four mats. Especially if they're lasting for years and years. Did you guys get the "Floor Mats All-Weather?"

They come in black, brown, and tan.

http://www.weathertech.com/chevrolet/2012/malibu/floor-mats-all-weather/

**EDIT**

Hold on... I had the wrong ones selected. Darn, I figured something was up when I realized the tread pattern was different.

$169-
FloorLiner™ DigitalFit®
http://www.weathertech.com/chevrolet/2012/malibu/floorliner-digitalfit/post-hole-qty/2/

Other than the floor hooks is there a substantial difference between these products? I kinda think the first link (All-Weather) mats would keep my shoes a little higher up off the water and muck. Harder to clean though.

·
Registered
383 Posts
The all weather don't have the advantage of going up around the side. I put in my michilin one size when i first bought the car over my crapet and when I picke dup to dump the otherday all sorts of rocks and stuff got under there. I'm not entirely happy paying what they are asking on the canadian site, 130 for the fronts or 216 for all.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just got the Digital cut mats for my 2012 1LT and very happy so far,they fit like a glove.
Very expensive but money well spent in my opinion.

villbill

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.