Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
New member here....2nd post. I just picked up a 2009 LTZ 4cyl and I am looking at mats for up here in Minnesota. I like the Weathertech mats but it says in only fits where there is only one floor post on the driver side floor....my car has 2 posts on the floor. I talked to the Weathertech Customer Service and they are not sure if the hole would line up if I ended up just cutting down the right side post and keeping the one of the left.

Anyone run into 2 floor posts on the driver side that installed a set of Weathertech mats? Options? I like the custom look so that is what I am looking for.

I was also thinking about Husky liners as I have them in my truck and like them a lot but I am not sure if they make them or not.

Thanks,
Kevin

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the same model and got the front Weathertech mats for it -- there is only one post, but I didn't have any problem placing them, and they haven't moved a bit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jasonmac,
Thanks for the reply. Just for clarification....are you saying your drivers floor only had 1 post on the floor? If so, I am wondering why my drivers floor has 2 posts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jasonmac....sorry to be a pain. If you have 2 posts on the front driver side floor like I do but the Weathertech mat has only one hole for just the one post on the left side did you end up cutting down the right side post or how did you handle the install with only one hole on the mat?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Jasonmac....sorry to be a pain. If you have 2 posts on the front driver side floor like I do but the Weathertech mat has only one hole for just the one post on the left side did you end up cutting down the right side post or how did you handle the install with only one hole on the mat?
BEen looking at getting WeatherTech since I got the car but this issue has pervented me from doing so. I hope WeatherTech releases the floor matt with two holes for the front...

·
Registered
54 Posts
I got the weather tech mats, my car had 2 posts we just cut one of them off. Your never going to see where you cut it off your going to have a mat on it all the time...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Kevin,

I used a pair of scissors to poke a hole through the mat for the second post -- I've found that water, snow, etc. doesn't make its way back there so it's fine.

I do wish WeatherTech did offer a real solution to this though.

I'll also be looking at the cargo mat soon.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well after talking with WeatherTech again and they are not knowing when a new version with 2-holes on their driver side floor mats are coming out I decided to purchase the Husky custom floor mats....front and back for the Bu. I have a similar version in my 2005 Chevy truck that are great.

Received the new mats on Saturday and put them in and they are perfectly matched custom mats.....in Black. Looks good to me and they have 2 indentations in their mats for the floor hooks. So far so good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.