Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
2 Posts
Hello everyone,

My name is Kyle and I'll be your Pulstar rep here. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to ask.

I'm working on some group discounts and I'll post the info up once I get it.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Hey kyle, i got a question for you. with the plug projecting spark into the combustion chamber so much, couldn't this resort in hot spots in the combustion chamber( thus lead to detonation/pre ignition?),
and i see how the plug could increase the fuel efficiency over just throwing in a new set of plugs, but if you indexed the regular spark plugs wouldn't this do the same thing?

·
Supporting Vendor
2 Posts
Hey kyle, i got a question for you. with the plug projecting spark into the combustion chamber so much, couldn't this resort in hot spots in the combustion chamber( thus lead to detonation/pre ignition?),
and i see how the plug could increase the fuel efficiency over just throwing in a new set of plugs, but if you indexed the regular spark plugs wouldn't this do the same thing?
I'm not sure exactly what you mean by projecting the spark. The Pulstar plugs have an increased amount of spark but isn't physically projecting the spark. The increased spark is able to ignite the mixture not only at the spark location but a sort distance away from it, something indexing a plug simply can't do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts