Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Love the WOT tune I got from you guys on my '14 2.0 over a year ago. Keep up the good work.

Are you guys thinking about coming up with your own gas pedal kit that makes the pedal move the throttle body butterfly to act similar to a physical connection like on older cars with carbs? I think I wrote that explanation ok.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
17,853 Posts
Love the WOT tune I got from you guys on my '14 2.0 over a year ago. Keep up the good work.

Are you guys thinking about coming up with your own gas pedal kit that makes the pedal move the throttle body butterfly act similar to a physical connection like on older cars with carbs? I think I wrote that explanation ok.
I believe you're talking about a TAC - throttle actuator controller. It modifies the signal(s) sent to the BCM kinda like what a magnifier does to text or an image. The input from your foot might move the pedal a small distance but the TAC magnifies the movement and tells the BCM that you moved your foot further. Depending on the setting, which can be to increase or decrease the effective movement, you can get either a much sportier and livelier response, or you can dial it back to get a more sedate response, such as when driving for a long time on the freeway, helping you get even more mileage. (Not sure how much, if any, but it's reported to work by those who have used it.)

A TAC is supposed to work on the Gen9, I think they also work on the Gen8, but I'm told that they can or will turn the BCM into a brick if used on a Gen7. Dang!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts