Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and I can honestly say the driver’s seat is the most uncomfortable of any car I've ever owned (and I've owned several). I posted on this a couple months ago, hoping that perhaps someone had a solution or that maybe I’d get used to it. No such luck . So, I'll try again.

The rest of the car is fine. But, I can't get over the driver’s seat. Mostly, it’s the sides of the seat, which leave my hip/left butt cheek aching when I get out of the car. I even went so far to take it to an upholstery shop, and had them REPLACE all the cushioning in the sides of the seat as well as add some in the center of the seat. It’s a little better now, but not what it should be. I just simply can NOT get comfortable in this car. I’m 6’-1” and 200 lbs so its not like I am so large (or my butt is so large) that I’m too big for the seat…Granted, I'm coming off owning/driving a Cadillac CTS, but I don’t expect a Malibu to be in the same class. I DO expect it to be acceptable.

Anyone else experiencing this?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have an 08 LT and I haven't experienced any issues with the driver's seat. I have driven it on many road trips to Dallas from Tulsa with no issues. Are your seats leather? I have the cloth.

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
The seats in my 2LT are very comfortable compared to the seats in that were in my Crossfire. No complaints here from a 250lb person.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes, my seats are leather. I have about 5,000 on it...I drive about 35 min each way to work everyday (most of which is spent adjusting the seat -- I'm only slightly exaggerating...) I guess it possible I got a lemon in terms of the seat, but it seems to be a design flaw. As if the sides of the seat (where it goes up on both sides of the flat portion where you sit) are too narrow. Again, I'm not that big...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Im 6'1" 235 and find it to be comfortable.

Something I have noticed over the years, that has gotten worse in time, is all seats being uncomfortable if I have my wallet in pocket.

Try not keeping your wallet back there and see if its any better.

I notice an immediate improvement whenever Im not sitting on my wallet.

hope this helps.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I just drove to and from canada a few weeks ago and the seats were so comfortable! I would think the leather would be more so?

Of course I'm only 125ish lbs too...

No I'm not anorexic I'm just 5'2" LOL

·
Registered
569 Posts
No problems and Im a big fella, I use every bit of the seat for sure.. 6ft2+ / 250lbs,

Seat positioned on the floor with front raised to give thigh support and the lower lumber pumped out a couple notches and ive driven plenty of 2-3 hour drives and I find them very comfy

·
Registered
489 Posts
I think the caddy seats spoiled you. :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm 6'3" 220 and the only time the seat is uncomfortable is when i have my wallet in my back pants pocket, with it out (wallet) the seat feels fine to me. I suggest adding some kind of padding to the bottom of the seat to raise the surface, this will increase the distance between the sides of the seat. of course the only other option would be to replace the them with a seat that will fit in the car and fit your body shape.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I love the seats of the Bu, they are so comfy, I find myself faling assleep must of the time :p

·
Registered
573 Posts
Take your wallet out. Seriously. Its the reason my leg goes to sleep in a car if I dont.

On a more serious note, take a heavy bag and put it in the seat. Also get leather cleaner and conditioner and get after those seats. Once the leather breaks in itll be MUCH MUCH softer as well. Think about a new baseball glove. Its hard as a rock at first and you even have to oil it and stuff it under a bed for a week to break it in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
and I can honestly say the driver’s seat is the most uncomfortable of any car I've ever owned (and I've owned several). I posted on this a couple months ago, hoping that perhaps someone had a solution or that maybe I’d get used to it. No such luck . So, I'll try again.

The rest of the car is fine. But, I can't get over the driver’s seat. Mostly, it’s the sides of the seat, which leave my hip/left butt cheek aching when I get out of the car. I even went so far to take it to an upholstery shop, and had them REPLACE all the cushioning in the sides of the seat as well as add some in the center of the seat. It’s a little better now, but not what it should be. I just simply can NOT get comfortable in this car. I’m 6’-1” and 200 lbs so its not like I am so large (or my butt is so large) that I’m too big for the seat…Granted, I'm coming off owning/driving a Cadillac CTS, but I don’t expect a Malibu to be in the same class. I DO expect it to be acceptable. Anyone else experiencing this?
I have this exact problem. I do not wear a wallet and the seat cushioning on the left side in particular digs into my leg, which almost goes asleep on a long drive. 6'1 , 215lbs. Any suggestion as to modification is appreciated.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.