Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the 3.6 engine picky about o2 sensor brands? I know some older GM engines were. What's the part numbers for up and downstream oxygen sensors? 2010 Malibu LTZ v6. Any tricks to changing them?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, But just how many are there?? It shows 6, but only 3 different part numbers.

·
Administrator
16,898 Posts
There are indeed 4 oxygen sensors on the 3.6L V6.

The AC Delco part numbers are:
  • 12594452 Front (2 required) - located in each exhaust manifold
  • 12608662 Rear Left - located after cat
  • 12608663 Rear Right - located after cat
At the time of this post, Rock Auto has them for $35.79 (fronts, each), $40.79 (rear left), and $45.79 (rear right).

Per RA, the recommended change interval is 1oo,ooo miles.

The front one between the engine and radiator is easy to access. The other front one between the engine and firewall is a much tighter access. The other two are under the car.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nothing like updating a 3yr old thread! But that reminds me, it's probably time to do it again. Have 191k on it now, had 93k when I got it.

·
Administrator
16,898 Posts
Nothing like updating a 3yr old thread! But that reminds me, it's probably time to do it again. Have 191k on it now, had 93k when I got it.
I chose to update it because I need to replace mine. Couldn't find specific info so I figured it out and shared it.

Already did the easy one between the engine and radiator. Other 3 are on their way...

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
I'll add get a O2 sensor tool. Makes it easier especially in some of those tight locations for those who read this and are first timers who are thinking about changing theirs.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Right. Me being the cheap guy that I am, I just use the tool loan program at Oreilley's, since I don't need it that often. If you have several vehicles that take the same size, then it may be worth it to buy the O2 sockets.

·
Administrator
16,898 Posts
I cheated. I bought the special socket years ago and used that to change the easy one. It fit a Ford back then but now it fits a Chebby!

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
I think the size is 7/8 . I've never encountered a sensor of any other size yet. I've got a crowsfoot style one, 12 point on one side and 6 point on the other. Fits in tight spots and I can get the 3/8 breaker bar on it if needed. Bought it back in the '90's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts